Thank you for your interest in singing with Encore Vocal Ensemble!
At this time we are looking for all voices in our chorus. That includes Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass/Baritone sections.
Please take a moment to provide some additional information about yourself. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to:
Kyle Young, Encore Membership Chair email@example.com
Auditions will take place on Monday, January 8, 7-10 PM
We rehearse on Tuesday nights and additional Monday night rehearsals will be required for soloists (Monday nights may also be utilized for actors, dancers and additional small ensemble rehearsal as well). Please make sure you are available for our next show dates and tech week:
Encore's Spring Shows will be on Friday June 15th & Saturday the 16th
Tech Week will be June 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th.
There can be no conflicts with tech week or either performance.
BREAK A LEG!
- The location will be sent to you in an email with a confirmation of your audition time.
- You must prepare 1 minute of a solo piece from musical theater or pop genre (Please prepare or familiarize yourself with the whole song in case we would like to hear an alternative selection)
- Please come prepared with clear, legible sheet music in your key marked for the Music Director. You must select and rehearse your song prior to the audition.
- The sheet music must be in the right key and have a piano accompaniment (no a cappella songs or accompaniment tracks.)
- You may not accompany yourself on an instrument.
- You may not bring your own accompanist, one will be provided for you
- Be expressive! Acting is encouraged! (Tip: Memorizing your song will help with this - but is not a necessity)
- Be prepared for a vocal range check and a basic theory test. We will also have a group singing exercise.
- Once we receive this form, we will contact you with additional instructions for the time and place of your audition.