Participants will earn:-A fully functional refurbished bicycle-Helmet, lock, lights, and bike pouch filled with tools and accessories-Training on maintaining a bicycle, safe bicycle riding practices, and using accessories
1. Attend and pass a bicycle skill test to demonstrate ability to ride a bicycle before the program begins.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SAFELY RIDE A BICYCLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BIKES FOR ALL MAINERS PROGRAM.
2. Attend two Bikes for All Mainers Mechanic courses (offered twice/month from 9am-12pm at Portland Gear Hub)
3. Attend two Bikes for All Mainers Traffic Skill courses (offered twice/month from 9am-12pm near Portland Gear Hub)
4. Volunteer 4 hours at the Portland Gear Hub, the Bicycle Coalition of Maine, or a pre-approved organization
5. Pay a sliding scale fee of $25-50 or submit a Fee Waiver request form (http://goo.gl/forms/bZ1yOtdnIZ).
All program requirements should be completed in a one-month period. Failure to complete ALL requirements within a timely manner will result in participant being dropped from the program and needing to re-apply.
Need more info? Contact Ainsley Judge at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Portland Gear Hub at 207-761-7632.