1. All participants agree to abide by the Solo Recital/Competition rules as stated in the GUIDELINES. Download those at https://tinyurl.com/y7hs29kk
2. All participants agree to act with integrity, professionalism and respect at all times. (See below for definitions and expectations.)
3. All participants agree to place both the integrity of the competition and the interests of all participating students above their own personal interests. This is first and foremost to be an educative experience for the students of our members.
4. For suggestions or concerns, participants agree to follow the procedures set by the Board: a. Communication shall be succinct and clearly stated. b. Send via email to the Competition Chair as well as to the President of the Section.
5. If, after review by the ASTA-LA Board, a person is determined to have violated any part of this Code of Conduct, ASTA-Los Angeles reserves the right to refuse future participation in the ASTA-Los Angeles Solo Recital/Competition to that person.
DEFINITIONS AND EXPECTATIONSASTA-Los Angeles defines integrity as honesty and fairness. No competitor, teacher, parent, or chair will attempt to influence the opinions of the judges, [and no one other than judges shall participate in the deliberations of the judges.]
ASTA-Los Angeles defines professionalism as restraint and self-control in personal behavior, as well as commitment to the ASTA organization. In the Solo Recital/Competition environment, every effort should be made to keep anxiety to a minimum. A professional maintains a calm demeanor, regardless of circumstances. A professional believes in the mission of the ASTA organization and works toward that same goal: the advancement and promotion of string playing and teaching.
ASTA-Los Angeles defines respect as acting and speaking in ways that encourage and support performers to do their best, and acknowledging the efforts and commitment of organizers, other teachers, and the parents and family of the competitors. We remind all participants that this competition is run by volunteers.
Among other actions, raised voices, name-calling and rants are unprofessional and disrespectful, and therefore unacceptable. These types of actions may be cause for immediate removal from the Solo Recital/Competition site, as determined by the ASTA coordinators on site.