Great Framingham Cleanup - Volunteer Sign Up
On Saturday, April 17th, 2021 members of the Framingham Earth Day Festival & Keep Framingham Beautiful invite everyone to the “Great Framingham Cleanup”. This distributed event will replace this year's Framingham Earth Day Festival as something that we can all safely do as a community during continued times of social distancing.
Please read the details below and fill out the form so we can communicate with you as the event date approaches.
OUR GOAL: 100+ folks picking up litter on April 17th and posting pictures of their progress to our Facebook group:
We plan to give out superlatives for the categories listed below so be ready to post fun and creative pictures!
* Most creative post
* Most amazing encounter with the public (picture with a story)
* Strangest object found
* Funniest picture
* Best before and after pictures
* Biggest haul
* And some that we will make up as we go!
If you cannot participate on April 17th feel free to pick up litter on Sunday, April 18th (or any other day) and post to our Facebook group. A rain date of Saturday, April 24th is planned in the event that weather prevents us from picking up litter on April 17th.
This event is co-sponsored by Keep Framingham Beautiful, Framingham Earth Day Festival, Framingham Centre Nursery School, FramBark and the Framingham DPW.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email:
Organization Name (leave blank if you are an individual)
1. Since we are still in the midst of a pandemic we are hosting this cleanup as a distributed event.
2. Instead of having designated cleanup sites where many folks will gather, we are encouraging folks to clean up litter wherever they see it and post a picture of your progress to our Facebook group:
3. This may mean cleaning up your street, your neighborhood, a school, a park etc. Anywhere you see trash is a viable cleanup spot, as long as you can do so SAFELY.
SELF ORGANIZE: We also encourage folks to self organize into small groups (at a safe social distance) as this can be fun and will allow you to make a bigger impact. A few suggestions:
1. Make this a family activity with your spouse, children, etc.
2. Coordinate with neighbors to collectively do a thorough cleanup of your neighborhood.
3. Meet up with some friends at a park or school and clean it up together.
4. Reach out to folks on our Facebook group to see if others want to help you with a particular area:
1. We expect that most folks will find a small/medium amount of trash that they can dispose of in their own curbside trash barrel or a public barrel/dumpster that they come across.
2. That said, if you are targeting an area with more trash than you can deal with please send us an email and we can likely help with disposal:
Do you understand the format of this event and thus how to participate?
If you have a question or concern about the format of the event, please write it here.
1. CHOOSE A SAFE PLACE to clean up. No piece of trash is worth endangering yourself for.
2. If you have little kids we suggest you go to a school or park and avoid roadsides.
3. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Wear bright colored clothes.
5. Wear gloves.
6. Wear sturdy soled shoes.
7. Wear a face mask and keep a safe social distance from others.
8. Be careful of poison ivy. If you think you may have come in contact it is a good idea to use Tecnu wash or similar product.
9. When you get home, thoroughly wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
10. Be sure to check for ticks!
Do you understand how to safely participate in this event?
If you have a question or concern about how to participate safely, please write it here.
Do you have any other thoughts you want to share in regards to this event?
Volunteer Release Form
I, a participant in the volunteer activities sponsored by Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc. and Keep Framingham Beautiful agree to follow all cleanup instructions as stipulated by local cleanup organizers. I understand the work that I and others in my party have volunteered to do and hereby state that I am qualified and physically capable of accomplishing the work and activities for which I have volunteered. I understand that I may be collecting various types of debris, including broken glass, sharp objects, and other materials that may cause injury if handled improperly. All materials of unknown contents, heavy weight, or questionable safety (medical debris, chemical containers) will be left in place untouched, the location noted, and the cleanup coordinator informed.
Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc. and Keep Framingham Beautiful have no responsibility for any injuries that occur during the cleanup. By registering to participate in this event, I confirm that I have read and agreed to the following liability waiver:
I hereby release Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc. and Keep Framingham Beautiful and their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, expenses and/or injuries, whether to person or to property, which may result from my participation (as well as others I supervise) in this volunteer activity. I further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc., Keep Framingham Beautiful, and their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, expenses and/or injuries, whether to person or to property, which may result from my participation (as well as others I supervise) in this volunteer activity. I acknowledge that I cannot make any claims against Keep Massachusetts Beautiful Inc., Keep Framingham Beautiful, or their respective directors, officers, contractors, employees, or agents for any injury, loss, or damage to person (including bodily injury or death) or property suffered while participating in the Great Framingham Cleanup volunteer work.
Releasor acknowledges that novel coronavirus (“Covid-19”) infections have been confirmed throughout the United States as well as within the county and region in which the activities listed above will occur. Releasor further acknowledges that participating in such activities comes with the inherent risk of contracting Covid-19 from (Keep Framingham Beautiful) staff, other participants, the general public, or otherwise. Releasor agrees to adhere to all Covid-19 related protocols and restrictions in place as promulgated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and local government policies.
PHOTOGRAPHS – I hereby provide consent that photographs of me taken at the Great Framingham Cleanup can be used by Keep Massachusetts Beautiful, Keep Framingham Beautiful, and its affiliates in publications, presentations, social media posts, websites, and sent to media outlets. In addition, I affirm that I hereby transfer the rights to any of the photos I post on Keep Massachusetts Beautiful or Keep Framingham Beautiful social media sites to Keep Massachusetts Beautiful and Keep Framingham Beautiful.
Do you agree to the entire Volunteer release form above?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service