General Guidelines for Filling out the Intent to Show Form:
1. Please limit submission of 2D artwork to 5: sculpture to 3 works. Crafts may be limited to approx. 3 ft. x 3 ft. area, depending on the available space.
2. Please limit your Biographical/Inspirations description to 50 words or less; description of individual works to 20 words or so.
3. There are five categories for each work submitted. A description of all your work is necessary to plan the show and provide informative labeling. Incomplete submissions may not be exhibited.
3. The organizers may rotate artwork daily depending on the number of submissions and available space.
4. Volunteering to help mount the exhibit or being a host during gallery hours is needed and appreciated. Note your interest in volunteering at the Quaker Arts Center in the next to last paragraph of the Intent to Show Form. All artwork must be removed by 11:00pm Friday night.
5. Artwork shown in the Arts Center may be sold on consignment of 30% through the Quaker Bookstore. The artist proceeds will be the total cost of the work(s) less 30% consignment fee. The Art Center coordinator will hand out a short form which will itemize the sale. This form must be taken to the Bookstore to complete the transaction and be returned to the Art Center.
The Center will exhibit artwork and crafts but literary, drama, and dance performances are also encouraged. Every effort will be made to provide a suitable space for these performances.The deadline for submitting art or requesting a performance is June 10. Those participating in the PowerPoint revolving computer display must send their work to the PowerPoint coordinator Blair Seitz, who will create the video displayed in the art center. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, contact us via the link on the Quaker Arts Center page, https://www.fgcquaker.org/connect/gathering/programs-and-events/other-gathering-events/quaker-arts. Questions pertaining to the Intent to Show Form should be addressed to Mey Hasbrook, QAC Curator, through the Gathering Contact Form (https://www.fgcquaker.org/connect/gathering/gatheringcontact) or meymdhATgmailDOTcom.
Fellowship of Quakers in the Arts and FGC thank you for your participation!