Winterwind 2020 - Open innovation Contest - Ideas to be developed (closes Monday, Dec 16, 2019)
Open Innovation is a concept that embraces external cooperation in an ever-changing complex world!
Winterwind 2020 invites you to submit abstracts for COLD CLIMATE related INNOVATIONS to be presented during the opening session. Have you been working on an innovation that could be a game changer for wind energy in cold climates? Don't hesitate to submit your abstract!
Gender representation - The Swedish Windpower Association and the Winterwind 2020 program committee are actively working towards a fair gender balance of presenters at the conference, i.e. a substantial increase in the number of female presenters. We wish all branch delegates and researchers to inform and encourage colleagues and project collaborators to apply to the Call for Abstracts and the Open Innovation Contest.
Selection of abstracts is going to be based solely on the game changing potential.
• This form:
• Call for Abstracts:
• Application to participate in workshop to be held Mo Feb 3 at 13-17 on "Performance warranty guidelines for wind turbines in icing climates":
Title of innovation
This is the title of my innovation (This is Not The Title of My Innovation)
What is the burning need the innovation solves?
(max 1000 characters, shorter can be better)
Who will benefit from your innovation?
(max 500 characters)
Technology Readiness Level. Only innovations that still require development prior to commercialisation will be considered in order to remain within the spirit open innovation. Preferred TRL:s are 3-7.
Not developed at all
Ready to sell
Description of the innovation
(max 2000 characters)
What is needed for the idea to a) accelerate? b) to go-to market and c) how much capital is initially needed to move forward?
(max 1000 characters, skip descriptions if you get stuck)
What kind of partners are you looking for? Are you missing expertise, would you like to have a mentor, are you looking for investors?
(max 1000 characters)
Institution or company, country (Example: My company, DK)
Phone number (example +4670594570, during the conference, will not be published)
Author Names and Affiliations
List of all co-authors: names, affiliations and country, e.g. John Winter (VTT, FI), Sara Snow (DNV, GB)
Area of innovation
01. O&M experiences incl. performance optimization, production losses
02. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) incl. ice throw and noise
03. Inspection and repair
04. Construction of wind farms in cold climates (preparations, foundations and installations)
05. Market potential, finance, risk assessment, bankability and mitigation
06. Wind turbine manufacturers – cold climate solutions, test centres, turbines and components
07. Forecasting, cloud physics and aerodynamics
08. Pre-construction site assessment, measurements, models and standards
09. Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
10. De-/anti-icing including new technologies, ice detection & control incl. standards
11. Onshore turbines, aerodynamics, loads and control
12. Laboratory and full-scale testing, small wind turbines
13. Offshore and near offshore – access, foundations incl. artificial islands
14. Big Data, AI, digitalization and machine learning applied to cold climate challenges
15. National strategies, research programs, grid access, system services and new developments
Presenter biography (max 1 000 characters)
Briefly present your background, relevant experiences and at least one personal interest
Permission to publish the innovation in the Winterwind 2020 proceedings
I permit my innovation to by published in the Winterwind 2020 proceedings "as is".
I will submit a publishable version of my innovation in a pdf prior to my presentation.
I don't permit my innovation to be published in the Winterwind 2020 proceedings.
I have taken appropriate precautions to protect any inventions
I understand that I must have taken appropriate precautions to protect any inventions (e.g. patents) prior to disclosing them in this form. I hereby accept that information I provide in this form will be considered as publicly available. The Swedish Wind Power Association will not be held accountable for inventions not being patentable due to information becoming part of the public domain via this Open Innovation contest.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service