Initial Damage Assessment - Flood
The purpose for conducting Initial Damage Assessments is to identify the impact, type, and extent of disaster damage within your community while identifying the resources needed for the community to recover.

If you have sustained damage to your home or business during the recent event please complete this form and click submit to report your damage to your municipality and/or Kane County.

The information you provide here may help Illinois qualify for a Federal Disaster Declaration and Federal disaster assistance. By submitting this form you are NOT applying for Federal disaster assistance.

1 - What is your street number? *
Your answer
2 - What street is your home/business on? *
Your answer
2a - What Community are you in? (drop down menu) *
3 - What type of structure was damaged? *
Indicate if damaged structure is: SF - Single Family Home MF - Multi Family Structure (Apartment Building, Duplex, 2-Flat, etc.) MH - Mobile Home B - Business
4 - Do you rent or own? *
Tell use about your flood damage
5 - What was the depth of water in your basement in inches? *
If no water in basement, record 0. • If no basement, record NA (Not Applicable)
Your answer
6 - What was the depth of water on your first floor in inches? *
If no water in first floor, record 0
Your answer
7 - Is your basement an essential living area? *
Family rooms are not considered essential living areas. A finished basement does not necessarily make it an essential living area. A basement apartment or garden apartment is considered an essential living area.
8 - What type of insurance do you have? *
9 - Did the flood cause structural damage to you home/business? *
If there is obvious/visible structural damage to the dwelling, record Y (for Yes) and briefly describe the damage in the Comments Column. If no obvious/visible structural damage, record N (for No). Structural damage is related to the integrity of the structure. Structural damage may include collapsed basement walls and large cracks in the foundation. Structural damage does not include damage to drywall, carpet or paneling.
10 - What other information do you feel we need to know about your damaged home/business?
• If there is structural damage, briefly describe it here. Examples of brief descriptions are: basement wall collapsed, house off foundation, large foundation cracks.
• Other types of common information to be recorded in this column using the corresponding letter are:
A - No one living in dwelling at time of flood
B - Dwelling was not a primary residence
C - Water in crawl space only
D - Damage caused by sewer back up only
E - No one home during damage assessment, cannot determine damage
F - No one home during damage assessment, information obtained by observation (waterline on house, for example) or from another source (neighbor, local official)
Your answer
You have completed the form, please click "SUBMIT"
For Official Use Only
Your answer
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms