An Independent Zebra - Application for Space 2020
Application for space within An Independent Zebra.
Set up by makers for makers, the aim of the store is to give small independent businesses the opportunity to showcase their work to a new market at affordable prices, and to allow the smallest of businesses to apply and get their work out there. All products sold in our store are made, designed or upcycled in the UK (80% by Scottish makers).
We are at 88-92 Raeburn Place, in the heart of the fabulous Stockbridge area of Edinburgh. The store is on the main shopping street in Stockbridge, along with restaurants, bars and a fabulous farmers market round the corner every Sunday.
The Store is open 7 days a week, 10am - 5.30pm Monday to Saturday and 11am - 5pm on Sundays.
We are looking for a mix of high quality products, from furniture and housewares to arts and crafts and everything inbetween. Check out our social media pages to see the quality of work we are looking for from our stockists.
Due to demand for space and to ensure quality and maintain a variety of products, we have a selection process in place. We will be in touch within 14 days to let you know if your application has been successful or not. Please do not be offended if we are unable to offer you a space. We receive so many applications and review each one separately but have to choose the products that we think fit best into our store.
We work on a 'Space for Rent' basis, so you pay for your space upfront and a 5% commission (+VAT) is taken from your sales at the end of each month. These payments cover all credit card fees, shop costs and staff wages.
Spaces must be purchased in 4 week blocks, you can apply for multiple dates at once. New stockists may only book one 4 week block initially. Towards the end of the block we will discuss with you how to proceed with any future bookings. We may ask you to remove your stock if we feel it has not been a worthwhile experience for either yourself or our customers.
An Independent Zebra Ltd is a VAT registered company so all prices shown below will have VAT applied to them.
Prices for space in November are 7% more than the prices shown and 15% more for spaces in December. This price increase is to help cover the cost of extra staff for this chaotic period (these increases are not applicable to furniture spaces).
If you apply for the block between Dec 09 and Jan 06 and are successful you will also be required to book in for the first 4 week block of January 2021, from 06 January - February 03 January 2021.
If successful we will provide a statement to you (and a list of products sold if required) at the beginning of every month and make payment to you by bank transfer within the first 3 days of each month.
Only online applications will be processed, please do not bring stock into the shop to apply for space.
We do not accept applications for food or drink products, plants, football related products or political related products.
If you require any more information or have any questions please get in touch at
or via our website
Thanks for applying.
WE ARE FULLY BOOKED FOR THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:
Edinburgh Based Illustration
Soy Wax Candles
Soaps, Shampoo Bars, Lip balms
Contact email address
Contact telephone number
Tell us about your products
Website / Facebook page / Instagram page
Would An Independent Zebra be your only Edinburgh Stockist
What dates would you like to sell with us?
January 08 2020 - February 05 2020
February 05 2020 - March 04 2020
March 04 2020 - April 01 2020
April 01 2020 - April 29 2020
April 29 2020 - May 27 2020
May 27 2020 - June 24 2020
June 24 2020 - July 22 2020
July 22 2020 - August 19 2020
August 19 2020 - September 16 2020
September 16 2020 - October 14 2020
October 14 2020 - November 11 2020
November 11 2020 - December 09 2020
December 09 2020 - January 06 2020
Space Required (If you are applying for multiple spaces please make sure you select more than one space)
Floor Space for Furniture 3m x 1m - £60 per week + VAT
Floor Space for Furniture 1.5m x 1m - £37.50 per week + VAT
Floor Space for Furniture 0.75m x 1m - £20 per week + VAT
Wall Space 2m high x 1m wide - £20 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 1.1m x 0.35m x 0.3m high - £25 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 1.1m x 0.35m x 0.3m high (High Level) - £20 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 1.1m x 0.35m x 0.3m high (Low Level) - £20 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 1.1m x 0.35m x 0.3m high (Ground Level) - £15 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 0.6m x 0.26m x 0.24m high - £17.50 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 0.6m x 0.26m x 0.24m high (Low Level) - £12.50 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 0.9m x 0.26m x 0.24m high (High Level) - £16.50 per week + VAT
Shelf Space 0.6m x 0.26m x 0.5m high - £21 per week + VAT
Print Rack Space (For 8 prints in shared print rack, up to A3 in size) - £5 per week + VAT
Framed Print Space (for 8 free standing prints dotted throughout the store) - £5 per week + VAT
Arm on Tote Bag Wall - £3 per week + VAT
Space for Small Items (Basket space approx 20cm x 20cm) - £5 per week +VAT
Jewellery Shelf in Locked Cabinet 37cm x 30cm x 35cm high - £12 per week + VAT
Terma & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
If your application is successful you agree to:
1. Pay your shelf rental invoice on time (you will be invoiced 7 days before your start date. Payment is due, by bank transfer only, at the latest 1 day before you take up your space). We reserve the right to remove stock from shelves where payment has not been made.
2. Provide your bank account details within the start of your booking for payments to be made to you.
3. Provide your VAT registration number if applicable.
4. Stockists booked in for more than 1 consecutive 4 week block will have rent deducted from takings at the end of each calendar month (unless a separate invoice is required)
5. 5% commission +VAT will be deducted from all shop sales at the end of every calendar month as shown on your statement.
6. 20% commission + VAT will be deducted from all website sales (excluding furniture).
7. You are responsible for ensuring your products adhere to all trading standards regulations and are labelled accordingly.
8. Stockists whose items are not selling well will be asked to remove their stock from the shop and further bookings cancelled.
9. You must be available to deliver and merchandise your stock and collect your stock at the start and end of your time, stock can be delivered / collected on changeover Wednesdays.
10. All your stock must be branded and individually priced. Furniture sellers should provide the dimensions of the item on the label.
11. If you are a furniture supplier your furniture will be 'dressed' by the Indiezeb team using other products within the store.
12. The store insurance policy does not cover your stock, you must provide your own insurance if you want your stock covered against damage or theft and have your own Public / Product Liability Insurance. To be clear any items damaged or stolen will not be reimbursed by the shop. Please advise us if your stock is not suitable to be displayed in the windows due to heat and light.
13. We will use images of your items to display on our social media from time to time.
14. In extreme weather conditions, red weather warnings or severe amber warnings the store will be closed, it is very important to us that our staff are safe and we would not expect them to travel in these conditions, if the shop is closed for more than 3 full days then your space rental fee for that period will be refunded.
I have read, understood and agree to the the Terms & Conditions for selling my work through An Independent Zebra
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Popping Up in Stockbridge.