Hyphae Design Lab is a cutting edge environmental design and engineering firm specializing in innovative living systems, sustainable design and engineering. Hyphae consistantly pushes the seam on large scale design projects, teaming with established architects all over the country and encouraging the team to embark on integrative system designs that are uniquely tailored to each project site to achieve maximum sustainability. Hyphae specializes in living systems such as green roofs, living walls, constructed wetlands, and stormwater management systems.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer with relevant experience to join our team. This position requires thorough knowledge of civil design and environmental engineering techniques. This is a significant career opportunity for the right person; Hyphae Design Lab is a growing firm that has pioneered ecological systems including permitting of the first rainwater systems designed for indoor use in Berkeley and in Contra Costa County.
Typical Responsibilities will include:
*Drafting and design review
*Stormwater management plan preparation
*Developing reports and presentations
*Engineering calculations including but not limited to grading and drainage
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years working in the field and the following experience:
* Excellent self motivation and organizational skills
* Drafting experience using AutoCAD and Revit
* Experience using spreadsheet and word programs
* Knowledge of construction/plumbing/engineering
* Experience preparing SWPPP plans
* Experience with Ecological Engineering
* Low Impact Development (LID) and Sustainable Stormwater Management Strategies
* Civil Engineer License
* ARCSA Accredited
* Experience with stormwater and wastewater modeling software
* Project Management experience
This is a full-time position that will begin on a temporary basis (3 month probationary period). Compensation is negotiable and based on level of experience. We are located in Downtown Oakland, a few blocks from the 12th Street BART station. Please fill out the application below.