Due to the great impact these Saturday Academies had on the Browder Scholars and many oftheir parents as well as their site coordinators, we decided to extend the opportunity to Blackcommunities across this country. For the 2018-2019 school year, we had 10 sites around thecountry.
Before applying to host a Cultural Imperative Program (CIP) site, please be aware of therequirements and the timeline associated with the process.
(2) Ability to manage a recruitment process (templates provided)
(3) Access to a monthly meeting site for at least three hours
(4) Ability to raise the $5,000 site fee to cover 50 copies of From the Browder File, videos ofTony Browder discussing the assigned chapters, and trainings
(5) Designation of a facilitator/site coordinator
(6) Willingness to embrace the Ten Virtues and Principals of Ma’at
(7) Ability to assist students with the creation of Go Fund Me (or similar) pages to raise moneyfor travel
(8) Ability to engage parents so that they can support what their students are learning
(9) Commitment to participate in monthly on-line meetings with Tony and Atlantis Browder todiscuss progress of the Cultural Imperative Program
April 8 – June 15, 2019 – Notification of Application Status and Interview Conducted
Oct. 2019 – First Training with Tony and Atlantis Browder (4 p.m. – 5 p.m. PST/7 p.m. –8 p.m. EST)
Nov. 2019 – Second Training with Tony and Atlantis Browder (4 p.m. – 5 p.m. PST/7p.m. – 8 p.m. EST)
Dec. 2019 – Third Training with Tony and Atlantis Browder (4 p.m. – 5 p.m. PST/7 p.m.– 8 p.m. EST)
Jan. – May 2020 – Browder Scholars meet one Saturday each month for three hours ata site selected by a local coordinator.