1. All coaches MUST hold or be willing to complete a National Accreditation Scheme coach’s course prior to the start of, or during the VJBL season.
2. Adhere to the Basketball Victoria Coaches Code of Conduct
3. Complete a Working with Children (WWC) Form and a VJBL Statutory Declaration Form
4. Assist at the Sunbury Jets representative trials in various age groups and work with fellow Sunbury Jets coaches in selecting the final teams.
5. All Coaches will be highly organised, be willing to work as a team and possess the ability to teach basketball at the appropriate level.
6. Must attend domestic games and finals to encourage indentified players to come and try out.
7. Must attend ALL Coaches Meetings and Development opportunities as requested by the SBA.
8. Must meet all the standards and expectations of the SBA and follow instructions and direction of the Director of Coaching.
2. All coaching appointments will be made by a selection panel and approved by the SBA Junior Jets committee.
3. All coaching appointments are subject to the provision by the appointee of a Working with Children Check and Basketball Victoria Member Protection Statutory Declaration.
4. Coaching applications close 5:00pm, Friday August the 30th, 2019.
5. Successful applicants are not appointed to a team until after the tryouts have been completed and teams are confirmed. This helps take away any possible scrutiny and / or biased selection perceptions.
6. For any further enquiries please contact Director of Coaching Kennedy Kereama at 03 9744 4762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.