Worcester 2020 Supporting Change Advocates Series Application
Thank you for your interest in the Worcester Supporting Change Advocates Series, a companion to the Worcester Trauma, Resiliency & Racial Equity Training Institute! This free, interactive series is an opportunity to:
1) develop a personalized toolkit of practical quality improvement strategies
2) strengthen trauma-informed racial equity presentation and facilitation skills
3) enhance our individual and collective care practices, including connecting with fellow advocates in the work
This brief application will help us better understand your personal interests, skills, and goals for participation, based on the criteria outlined below. If you are selected to move forward with the next phase of the application process, we will contact you to set up a brief (20 minute) phone interview to discuss further.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, with phone interviews occurring until mid September, and all selected applicants notified by October 7th. This remote cohort-based learning and leadership development series will begin October 28th and run monthly through early 2021.
Criteria for participation include:
1) Commitment to promoting trauma-informed racial equity in greater Worcester
2) Have already completed the 18-hour Trauma, Resiliency & Racial Equity Training Institute (exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis).
3) Can commit to completing 20 hours total between September and February 2020, including 18 hours of SCA Series (6 sessions, three hours each) and at least two, 1-hour preparation meetings for practice components
a. The exact dates/times are to be determined, applicants will be notified as soon as we have those confirmed.
b. Because of the ongoing public health risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will be remote via Zoom. Facilitators will work to ensure accessibility for all participants.
4) Can commit to practicing presenting and facilitating at least 30 minutes of racial equity content in front of an audience
5) Can commit to applying at least one quality improvement tool to a change project of your choosing and sharing back outcomes
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please contact:
Bronwen White at
or (617) 416-2699
Samantha Calero at
or (617) 516-4532
Thank you again!
What is the best way to contact you?
Can you commit to completing 20 hours of this initiative (six, three-hour SCA sessions, and 2 hours of prep for practice components) between September 2020 and February 2021?
Have you participated in the 18-hours August 2019 or January 2020 Worcester Trauma, Resiliency & Racial Equity Training Institute?
How do you identify racially and/or ethnically? Please check all that apply:
Black/African American/African/African Diaspora
Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander
Middle Eastern/ Northern African
Prefer not to say
Person of Color
What are your gender pronouns?
They/ them/ theirs
If you use other pronouns than the ones listed above, please write them below. Thank you!
How many years have you been in your field?
Less than a year
Please select the highest level of formal education you have completed:
Some high school
GED or HiSet
High School Diploma
Associates Degree or Technical Training Program
PhD or other terminal degree
What interests you about participating in this series?
What are your strengths when it comes to promoting racial equity?
What do you see as your growth areas when it comes to promoting racial equity?
What change(s) are you interested in making at your workplace or community? These could be more general, or a specific project. What skills, tools, or supports would you need to advance that change?
You have now reached the end of the application. Our team will review your responses and if you are selected to move forward in the process we will follow up to schedule a 20-minute phone interview. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and all phone interviews will be concluded by February 5th and applicants accepted by Monday, September 21st, 2020. Cohort members will be notified of their acceptance into this session by Wednesday, September 23rd. If you have any questions, please contact Samantha Calero at
or 617-516-4532 or Bronwen White, at
or 617-416-2699 Thank you!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service