Imagination Celebration's Chalk It Up
Saturday, September 9th "What IF...Festival of Innovation and Imagination"
Oodles of imaginative people will be presenting engaging experiences during the "What IF...?! Festival of Innovation and Imagination, in and around the Pikes Peak Center, Pioneer's Museum, Plaza of the Rockies, Sun Building and CS Utilities. And...we are using spacious sidewalks as the canvas for your creativity. We are including our 7th Annual "Chalk It Up" event as part of this larger festival.
for more info about the whole day)
2017 ARTIST APPLICATION
Date: Saturday, September 9
9:00 am (giving you a 1 hour start before the Festival opens at 10:00) til 4:00pm
Optional: if you want to have 2 full days to create a complex masterpiece, you may start on Friday. The Festival will not open until Saturday. On Saturday, the "What IF Festival" opens at 10:00 for the public and closes at 4:00.
Location: Cascade Avenue across from the Pikes Peak Center
(check in tent will be on the east side of Cascade Avenue)
Pastels: We provide
- a 24 set of Artist pastels,
- a sidewalk ready for you to draw on (that will be shady for 1/2 of the day),
- enthusiasm for your cool participation.
- prizes and publicity
You provide your creativity and spirit of fun!
PRIZES! We will have $1000 of prizes to distribute for some of the best street paintings of the day. Art works that are completed by 4:00 will be announced and awarded at 4:15.
Express yourself and share your talents!
Enter as an individual or put a team together of your friends, your family, your co-workers and come play together.
Professionals, Students, Amateurs, First Timers are welcome.
This Italian tradition of painting with pastels on pavement dates from the 16th century, and Imagination Celebration loves providing it in Colorado Springs as an annual event!
- "What IF...?" Create a "what if...statement" and submit; or,
- Create an image that represents the Olympic ideals in honor of the Colorado Springs identity as Olympic City USA.
Olympic ideals: Friendship, Respect, Excellence
We encourage you to play/work with this question as you plan your painting! "What if..." are the two words that typically precede a new creation, or innovation. Possibilities: "What IF your team of artists created a grid of individual images about fruit? What if you demonstrated that creativity is the foundation for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM)?" , or "What IF you made up a new kind of flower?", or "What If the world WAS flat, or "What IF you demonstrated the Golden Mean in an Old Master painting? or ...
Respond to this theme, or go your own direction. And, in the long-held tradition, this happens, RAIN or SHINE!
Fee: $10 donation to Imagination Celebration reserves your spot if reserved by 08/25/2017
After 8/25 - fee is $25
Includes one Set of 24 pastels.
Payment reserves your spot: Send $10 donation to this link and indicate it is for Chalk It Up:
Additional Info: Bring additional pastels if you know you will be needing a lot of one color. Later in the day the sun will be shining on this area, so you will need protective gear, sunscreen, and WATER.
Questions? Please contact:
with any questions.
enter you email again :)
Age if under 18
4 x 4
6 x 8 vertical
6 x 8 horizontal
8 x 8 square
Larger than the sidewalk spaces
# of People
Are you doing this as an individual or team?
If you are a Team - how many people will be on your team?
If you are a team, what is your Team Name?
High School? Higher Ed? Neighborhood Group? Feel free to get creative!
Which date and time will you be starting? Saturday is the official Festival date. Friday is an option, if you want more time.
Friday (pre-Festival start because want 2 days to create artwork). If you check this option, we will discuss the process for you.
Saturday 9:00 am (starting 1 hour before festival opens)
Saturday 10:00 am
Level of Experience
What do you consider your level of experience?
Professional working artist
Student - High School
Student - College level
Amateur Adult - love to make art
Please provide a brief description of your art idea
What is your concept? When selecting your subject, some things to consider: Will it be an original art piece? Will it be a copy of a "Master"? Does it tie in with the theme? (It is not required to interpret the theme... we are just curious!)
Anything else you want us to know?
Festival Agreement *
1. $10 Fee (includes 1 set of 24 pastels) Payment may be made online once you receive invoice from us 2. Check-in begins at 9:00 am on Sept 9. Artists who have not checked-in by 10:00 forfeit their reserved spot. 3. All artwork must be suitable for viewing by the general public. Imagination Celebration reserves the right to exclude drawings due to inappropriate content or commercial advertising. 4. Imagination Celebration reserves the rights to all images for use in promotion and advertising. 5. Teams of up to 4 people are permitted, and only one fee per space is required. 6. If reproducing the work of another artist (living or dead), you must credit that artist and the title of the original work below your painting. 7. Artists of all levels and experience are encouraged to participate!
I have read the Festival Agreement and agree to the terms
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Imagination Celebration.