Research Assistant Application
The Laboratory of Aging and Neurocognitive Imaging (LANI) Lab has opportunities for undergraduate students to help conduct neuropsychological, cognitive, and neuroimaging studies of learning and memory in younger and older adults. Because research assistants will be exposed to all aspects of our research, this position is ideal for those interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in cognitive neuroscience or related fields.
Please read through the responsibilities of this position listed below. If you are interested in applying, and if you meet our minimum requirements, fill out and submit the questions below. Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis and qualified applicants will be contacted via email.
General responsibilities include:
- Attending weekly lab meetings
- Lab meeting presentation (for those receiving a letter grade)
Research responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with recruitment efforts
- Screening and scheduling participants
- Administering and scoring neuropsychological tests
- Conducting behavioral experiments
- Acquiring neuroimaging data
- Behavioral data entry
- Quality control of neuroimaging data
Minimum requirements include:
- 3.50+ GPA in psychology or a related field
- Volunteer at least 5 hours/week (if not receiving course credit)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Preferred qualities include:
- Interested in the lab at least a year before graduation
- Desire to attend graduate school for cognitive neuroscience or related field
- Demonstrable interest in older adults
Please provide the following information
Student ID number
Expected graduation year
Are you interested in receiving research credit
Goals and Experience
Please provide as much detail as possible to the following questions
Why do you want to work in the LANI lab?
What are your plans after graduation?
List any courses that may be relevant to this position and provide your grade for each course
Describe your role in any previous research experiences
Rate your experience with Microsoft Office software
Describe any experience with specialized statistical (e.g., SPSS), experimental design (e.g, ePrime), or data analysis (e.g., Matlab, FSL) programs
Describe any experience working with older adults
Rate your strength in the following skills
Attention to detail
Attention to detail
What quarters are you willing and available to work in the lab?
Comments or Questions
Do you have any additional comments or questions?
Thank you for your interest in our research. If your experience and availability fit with the current needs of the LANI Lab, we will contact you to schedule an interview. At that time, you may be asked to provide a CV or resume and contact information for two references.
If the LANI Lab is currently full, we will keep your information on file and contact you when a position becomes available.
if you have any questions.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service