8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Registration & Coffee9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.: Plenary Session: Welcome - Careers in the Law Panel 10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.: Special Interest Session I (concurrent sessions, student choice)
Sessions Open to All Students (choose 1):
1. Digital Dirt: The Case for Becoming Unplugged - Explore how the internet and social media impact our relationships, education, careers and sense of self. The presenters will make the case for meaningful personal connections and issue a challenge to all participants.
2. Protected and Unprotected Speech - Explore the Constitutional protections on freedom of expression as well as restrictions on this expression.
3. Criminal Law Practice and Processes - Hear from a panel of expert presenters about how the Criminal Justice system works, and the roles of a variety of persons working within the system.
Sessions for current Mock Trial Participants and Other Interested Students:
4. Bookending Your Case - Opening and Closing - Explore the methods for creating strong opening and closing arguments, taught by practicing attorneys.
5. Witnesses - Developing Your Character - Learn the basics for becoming an excellent witness, how to have an effective direct examination, cross examination, as well as providing expert testimony, taught by our Mock Trial County Coordinator and Mock Trial Coaches.
6. The Art of the Cross Examination -Learn how to craft and deliver an effective cross examination taught by a sitting judge and practicing attorneys.
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.: Special Interest Session II (concurrent sessions, student choice)
Same sessions as above - select a different session to attend.
11:55 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Kahoot Review and Door Prizes
12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Informal “Round Table” Lunch with Presenters and Students - Lunch provided courtesy of the Frederick Bar Association
1:00 p.m.: Departure