Please read the 'Terms and Conditions of Entry' and complete the entry form below.To submit your application click 'send form' at the end of this form.
The WABA 2017 Annual Members’ Exhibition will be held at the Belconnen Arts Centre, 118 Emu Bank, Belconnen ACT from Saturday 26 August to Sunday 17 September inclusive, and artworks will feature on the WABA website gallery from 24 August to 17 September, with online sales from 18 September to 15 October 2017.
Opening night is on Friday 25 August at 5.30pm at the Belconnen Arts Centre.
ENTRIES CLOSE ON MONDAY 24 JULY 2017.
PRIZES: This year there will be three cash prizes.1st prize for Best in Show - $4002nd prize for Highly Commended - $200People's Choice prize - $200
2. ENTRY FEE$10.00 per entry. Limit of 3 entries per member.
3. ENTRY FEE PAYMENTPayment may be made by:
* Electronic Funds Transfer (preferred method) to Wildlife and Botanical Artists Inc. BSB 805-022, Account Number 03417639(Please include your initial and surname if paying by EFT).OR* Credit CardOR * Cheque payable to Wildlife & Botanical Artists Inc.
4. APPLICATIONThis electronic form (submitted electronically) or a paper completed entry form (from WABA web site posted or delivered) AND entry fee must be received by:
The Exhibition Coordinator, PO Box 980, Woden, ACT 2606, no later than 24 July.LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
5. All entries must be the original work of the artist. Unauthorised copying of photographs (not taken by you) or copying other artists’ work is unacceptable. The artwork must have been completed in the last 2 years, and not have been exhibited in a previous WABA Members' exhibition.
6. Electronic high-resolution (300 dpi, jpeg) images of the artworks should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 7 August. Maximum image size should be 15Mb. Please label each image with the correct title of the artwork.
7. 2D works (including frame and matting) must be no more than one metre on any side and not exceed 20kg.Shelving (30cm x 30cm) will be available to display 3D works, therefore 3D works must be no larger than 50cm high x 30cm wide x 30cm deep, and not exceed 5 kg in weight.Note: An entry can be a single item or group of related items such as triptych for paintings or several related objects in 3D. The item or items must be contained within the maximum stated dimensions and weight limit for 2D and 3D works and must be for sale as a group - splitting of components is not allowed.
Paintings must be framed to a professional standard and be ready for hanging, including string or wire, and D-rings. Poor quality framing may deem the entry unacceptable for hanging. The Belconnen Arts Centre gallery will be curating the exhibition and may find the need to exclude works. Title, artist, medium and price must be clearly written on the back of each artwork. Please ensure that if the entry is wrapped in any way, then these same details are clearly marked on all packaging.
8. Inclusion of selected works and the manner of exhibition of works will be at the sole discretion of the Committee and the Belconnen Arts Centre. The Committee and the Belconnen Arts Centre reserves the right to reproduce images of entered work for the purpose of promoting the exhibition.
9. SALES AND COMMISSIONAll entries must be available for sale for the entire exhibition period, including at Belconnen Arts Centre from 25 August until 17 September 2017, and online through the WABA website gallery, from 18 September until 15 October. All sales at the exhibition will be administered by Belconnen Arts Centre and will attract a 35% commission (30% payable to Belconnen Arts Centre and 5% payable to WABA). All online sales following the exhibition will be administered by WABA and will attract a 5% commission (payable to WABA).
Note: Purchases made online using Credit/Debit card facilities will incur a 3% surcharge.
10. FREIGHT, INSURANCE AND DELIVERYThe cost of Freight and Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. This includes responsibility for insurance during the exhibition and all freight and handling charges to the exhibition and return to the artist or forwarding to a purchaser. It is recommended that entries be wrapped in bubble wrap for extra protection.
A) HAND DELIVERY
Please deliver works to Belconnen Arts Centre on Monday 21 August between 2pm and 4pm.
B) PACK & SEND courier
'Pack & Send' is the nominated courier for this exhibition. All artworks must arrive at:Pack & Send Belconnen, 2/68 Josephson Street, Belconnen, ACT 2617; Phone: 02 6251 8311on Friday 18 August.WABA will collect works from 'Pack & Send' on Monday 21 August and deliver to the Belconnen Arts Centre between 10am and 12 noon.
Packaging should be clearly labelled 'For WABA Exhibition'. Please include the return address in an envelope inside the box. 'Pack & Send' will return to this address and advise of the cost for return postage.
Artists will need to sign with 'Pack & Send' to charge any return freight to themselves.
11. The Exhibition Committee, Wildlife and Botanical Artists Inc. and Belconnen Arts Centre will take all care of your work but no liability for damage will be taken.
12. Works sold during the exhibition will be available for collection from Belconnen Arts Centre by the purchaser on Monday 18 September between 10am and 12 noon. Belconnen Arts Centre will discuss delivery fees with the buyer at time of sale.
13. Delivery fees of works sold online after the exhibition will be discussed between the artist and the buyer. 13. RETURN OF UNSOLD WORKS: A) PACK & SEND - See paragraph 10B)
B) HAND COLLECTION: Unsold works must be collected from Belconnen Arts Centre on Monday 18 September, between 10am and 12 noon. If this is inconvenient please arrange for a nominated person to collect on your behalf. For security, ID must be presented when collecting artworks.
14. AWARDS: Selection of award winners will be undertaken by an independent panel of judges. The decision of the Selection Panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.