Volunteers to note: (1) Volunteers are selected on a first-come-first-serve basis. (2) Volunteers will receive an email upon confirmation of their slot.(3) Role assignment is not final and are subject to changes.(4) There may be some amount of physical activity
For any enquiries, please e-mail us at email@example.com
For event details, please visit Race Against Cancer website: https://raceagainstcancer.org.sg/
1) Athlete Welfare Area: To issue bananas, water, medals to participants who have crossed the finishing line.
2) Baggage Deposit: To assist in tagging the race participants' bags at the deposit area and safekeeping in the respective lanes.
3) Cheerleaders: To cheer and provide support to finishing runners along the finishing line.
4) Crowd Control: To ensure orderliness of people at the event site, greet runners and demarcate entrance.
5) Carpark Marshalls: To cross check carpark list, guard reserved parking slots and ensure orderly parking.
6) Route Marshalls: To guide participants along the race route and ensure that they are running the correct route, assist to contact the nearest medic if medical attention is required.
7) Water Point: To give water to the runners along the race route at various water points.
8) Stage and Programme: To assist with the stage activities and coordination of the stage programme.
9) Spotter: To identify the potential podium winners for the race.
10) Booths & Activities: To assist at the various SCS booths, photo booth, merchandise and fringe activities.
11) VIP: To support in coordination of sponsors/invited guests and manage VIP hospitality booth.
12) Volunteer Management: To assist in volunteer registration, distribution of breakfast and volunteer deployment to various event areas.
13) Admin & Info: To give out uncollected race packs and bibs, handle runner enquiries and lost and found items.
14) Operations and Logistics: To assist in moving of various logistics e.g. water, food, uncollected t-shirts and bibs during the event where necessary.
15) Media: To coordinate photographers on site, distribute media kits and assist in live updating of the event on social media.
1. To respect the organisation's values and principles and carry out my duties and conduct myself in accordance to the organisation's rules and procedures.
2. To perform my volunteering role to the best of my ability and act within the limits of any authority given to me.
3. To provide references when necessary, or when circumstances demand it, submit to a police check being carried out when necessary.
4. To establish an understanding with the Singapore Cancer Society ("SCS") with regards to the type of activities which one is contributing and details of schedule which includes day, time and frequency.
5. To meet the commitments and standards agreed, except in special circumstances. Any proposed change, postponement or cancellation in previously agreed agreements has to be communicated to SCS with at least 1 week's notice, or earliest possible date.
6. To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of SCS' client data and not to provide any information pertaining to SCS' client and beneficiary data to any 3rd party, without consent from SCS.
7. To uphold SCS' image of providing quality service and care towards the work assigned, carrying them out with proper ethics and behaviour.
8. That SCS reserves the right to terminate any activity or service prematurely, if deemed unsuitable or appropriate for the Society, clients or volunteers.
9. To release and not hold SCS' Management and staff liable for any injuries or loss of property incurred as a result of my participation in any activities by SCS and its affiliates.