2020 Summit Challenge
Ready to explore new peaks and vistas on the Superior Hiking Trail?
The Superior Hiking Trail Association invites you to complete the 2020 Summit Challenge! The "rules" to complete the challenge are simple:
1. Hike, run, walk, or saunter to seven (or more) of the summits listed below by October 31.
2. Snap a photo of the peak or vista and share it through your social media page with the hashtag #SHTSummitChallenge. (If you don't use social media, don't sweat this step -- but do take a photo for your own memories!)
3. Complete the form below to share more about your experiences on the Trail.
Every participant who completes the form below will receive a 2020 Summit Challenge button as a memento of your time on the Trail.
Here are the summits, listed from south to north:
1. Railroad Vista (between Wild Valley Road and Jay Cooke State Park trailheads)
2. Larry’s Lookout (on the Ely’s Peak Loop spur between 123rd Ave. W. and Magney-Snively trailheads)
3. Stewart Knob Overlook (between Magney-Snively and Spirit Mountain trailheads)
4. Downer Park Overlook (between Hartley Nature Center and Martin Road trailheads)
5. Twelve Mile View (between Fox Farm East and Rossini Road trailheads)
6. Breadloaf Ridge (between Gooseberry Falls State Park and the Split Rock River Wayside trailheads)
7. Raven Rock (between Penn Blvd and Highway 1 trailheads)
8. Glove Overlook (between Lutsen Mountains and Caribou Trail trailheads)
9. Hunter’s Rock (between Lutsen Mountains and Caribou Trail trailheads)
10. Wildflower Hill (between Lindskog Road and County Road 14 trailheads)
11. 270 Degree Overlook (the northern terminus of the SHT, north of Otter Lake Road trailhead)
Find more information on the challenge at
. Good luck on the Trail!
Please contact the Superior Hiking Trail Association at
with any questions.
Your Email Address
Your Mailing Address
We'll use this to mail you a 2020 Summit Challenge button. Please include: Street, City, State, and Zip Code
Which Summits did you complete?
Stewart Knob Overlook
Downer Park Overlook
Twelve Mile View
270 Degree Overlook
What resource(s) did you use to navigate the Trail? (optional)
Guide to the Superior Hiking Trail
Superior Hiking Trail Databook
SHT Pocket Trail Maps
A mobile map app
What were the highlights of your time on the Trail? (optional)
Did you encounter areas in need of trail maintenance? If so, please explain what you saw and where. (optional)
Any other comments or observations you'd like to share with the SHTA team? (optional)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Superior Hiking Trail.