NOTE: This application must be completed and approved during the four (4) years the student is in high school. The record keeping of the 50 hours of unpaid tutoring must be done by the Mountain Grove High School student after this contract has been filed. Student must sign up no later than the last day of the Fall Semester of their Senior year.
I wish to participate in Mountain Grove High School’s A+ Schools Program. Assuming state and local funds are available, and Mountain Grove maintains A+ designation, I will receive reimbursement for any unpaid balance of the cost of tuition, after federal post-secondary financial assistance funds have been applied. This agreement is on the condition that I meet all the following requirements:
1. Attend a designated A+ school for two consecutive years prior to high school graduation.
2. Graduate from high school with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
3. Have at least 95% (not rounded) attendance record for high school.
4. Perform 50 hours of supervised tutoring of students during the last 2 years of high school.
5. Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol. (Drug Test Consent Form MUST be filled out and turned in)
6. Proficient or Advanced score on Algebra I EOC, or meet alternative eligibility requirements which are subject to change.
7. Make a good faith effort to secure federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds.
Financial incentives will be available for a period of four years after graduation. To retain this eligibility, students must meet additional requirements set by the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
If the state of Missouri is unable to fund this program, this agreement is void.
I have read, understand, and agree to the A+ Program guidelines and requirements.