Scratch My Progress 2019 Application Guidelines
This is an opportunity for up to 4 acts (bands/singer songwriters or solo artist/act) to avail of professional advice, industry mentoring and support, organised by the Oh Yeah Music Centre, in the development of your music for 9 months, beginning September 2019. The scheme is FREE for artists to participate but requires a successful application in a competitive process.
In order for us to evaluate your application properly please give us as much information as possible within the stated guidelines. We anticipate a high number of applicants for this programme and will not be able to provide feedback to applicants who are not successful.
The 9 months mentoring and support includes:
• Time in a commercial recording studio to record 1 x track for the 2019 Oh Yeah 'Scratch My Progress' release
• Regular one to one mentoring with industry professionals inc. record labels, PR agents, publishing companies etc
• Workshops in copyright and law, promotion skills and more.
• Writing press releases.
• Press interview skills development.
• Song writing workshops.
• Social Media and Marketing mentoring.
• Booking and organising gigs.
• Communication and confidence building.
• Vocal coaching.
• Scheduled free use of practice space.
• A free photo shoot, and and artist / band biog.
• A music industry showcase performance at Oh Yeah plus other live gig opportunities across Northern Ireland
• PR support from Oh Yeah networks.
• Encouraging collaboration.
• Advice on funding and PRS memberships etc.
To be eligible to enter you must;
• Be gigging or established for at least six months, but your act is no more than two years old.
• We can only accept applicants aged 16 and over.
• You have original material and you prioritise your original music development over any cover gig activities
• You are yet to release an official album.
• Not currently connected to professional management, PR, label, or agent.
Final decisions will be at the discretion of the decision panel (appeals can be put in writing to the CEO of the Oh Yeah Music Centre, Belfast, 15-21 Gordon Street, BT1 2LG)
Please consider carefully and give thought to the following before making your application:
• Your band/act is committed to, and will agree to stay on the programme until the end of May 2020
• If you are at school, college or uni please consider how much time you can commit.
• We need you to be able to commit at least 3 hours per week to this scheme, and sometimes more.
• If you are aged 16-18 we need your parent's permission.
• You must already be a full practicing band/act that has booked and performed live gigs in the last 6 -12 months.
• You are able to send music links such as YouTube, SoundCloud, or Bandcamp with your application.
• You can be available for audition if required.
• You work well in a team, and are open to constructive feedback.
Important information regarding application request:
We will ask you to send a MAXIMUM of two songs with your application.
Decisions will be made by a selection panel. This programme will be documented in photograph and video. If selected you will be expected to help promote the Scratch My Progress project during and after completion if required.
Up to four places are available on this scheme.
Closing date is Tuesday 16th July @ 6pm (successful applicants will be notified of interview offer on 31st July 2019)
If selected, interviews will take place Wednesday 7th August 2019
1) Have you fully answered ALL QUESTIONS on the application form.
2) If you are between the ages of 16–18 you must have permission from a parent or guardian (written permission will be required if you are called for interview).
3) All band members must be 100% committed, and signatures will be required if called to interview. If you are the main point of contact for the band, please make sure the whole band is aware you have made this application.
4) Please note all correspondence will go to lead applicant.
5) Oh Yeah reserve the right to ask successful applicants to leave the programme if it is felt the right amount of commitment is not being given.
6) All applications must be submitted by Tuesday 16th July @ 6pm
CLICK NEXT TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service