Scratch My Progress 2020 Application Guidelines - Closing Date 5th August.
This is an opportunity for up to 4 acts (bands/singer songwriters or solo artist/act) to avail of professional advice and support, organised by the Oh Yeah Music Centre, in the development of your music for 9 months, beginning September 2020.
The scheme is free but requires an application process.
In order for us to evaluate your application properly please give us as much information as possible within the stated guidelines. We anticipate a high number of applicants for this programme and will not be able to provide feedback to applicants who are not successful.
The 9 months mentoring and support may include all or a variation of the following:
Due to COVID-19, much of the mentoring, meetings and workshops may take place via video call until further notice or as as permitted by Government guidelines and social distancing. You may be required to wear a mask in some cases.
• Time in a studio recording a track for an Oh Yeah 'Scratch' showcase EP.
• One to one mentoring with industry professionals.
• Workshops - for example with PRS on royalties, or Jeff Robinson on PR.
• Scheduled free use of practice space.
• A free photo shoot, and band biog.
• Organising a showcase event at Oh Yeah tbc or scheduled live stream events.
• PR support from Oh Yeah networks.
• Encouraging collaboration.
• Advice on funding and memberships etc.
YouTube Music will be working with Scratch artists to build your channel, develop a YouTube content strategy and engage in a meaningful way with audiences.
As this is a work in progress project you will be required to share your updates/ideas in development during workshops.
To be eligible to enter you must have the following:
• You must be gigging or established for at least ONE year, but your act is no more than three years old.
• We can only accept applicants aged 16 and over.
• You have original material.
• You are yet to release an official album.
• Not currently connected to professional management, PR, label, or agent.
Your music has a social media fan page on at least one platform.
Please consider carefully and give thought to the following before making your application:
• Your band/act is committed to, and will agree to stay on the programme until the end of May 2021.
• If you are at school, college or Uni please consider how much time you can commit. We need you to be able
to commit at least 3 hours per week to this scheme, and sometimes more. If you are aged 16-18 we need
your parents permission.
• You must already be a full practicing band/act that has booked (we understand that the last 5 months will
have been cancelled) and performed live gigs in the last 12 months.
• You are able to send a music links such as SoundCloud, or Bandcamp with your application.
• You can be available for audition if required.
• You work well in a team, are respectful of others, and are open to constructive feedback and guidance
from our mentors.
Oh Yeah will play an active and supportive part in deciding which track you submit to the final showcase EP.
Decisions will be made by a selection panel including a representative of YouTube Music. This programme will be documented in photograph and video. If selected you will be expected to help promote the Scratch My Progress project during and after completion if required.
Up to four places are available on this scheme. Closing date is August 5th 2020.
If selected, interview stage will take place Thursday 27th August.
1) Have you fully completed the application form.
2) Have you included the lyrics (if any) of the two songs with the application form.
3) Have you included any press cuttings, or photos (no more than two) with the application form.
4) If you are between the ages of 16 – 18 you must have permission from a parent or guardian (written permission will be required if you are called for interview).
5) All band members must be 100% committed, and signatures will be required if called to interview. If you are the main point of contact for the band, please make sure the whole band is aware you have made this application.
6) Please note all correspondence will go to lead applicant.
7) Oh Yeah reserve the right to ask successful applicants to leave the programme if it is felt the right amount of commitment is not being given.
8) You can be available for interview on 27th August if required.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service