National Latin Exam Volunteer Application
The National Latin Exam is accepting applications for new consultants and committee members. These committees promote the National Latin Exam's mission and support its outreach efforts. We do not always have open positions, but we will keep applications on file for three years and make contact with you as positions become available.
- Be a member of the American Classical League (under whose umbrella NLE operates) and active in professional classical organizations
- Experienced in teaching Latin (preferably multiple levels)
- Able to offer a diversity of perspectives and experiences for classical learning
- Committed to the NLE statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (Please see
under "About Us" then "Philosophy")
- Strong writing skills, well-developed organizational skills, and a willingness to learn new technology
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING LEADERSHIP, TEAMWORK, AND FLEXIBILITY:
- Possess strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Latin and Latin Pedagogy
- Reliable and committed to deadlines
- Able to problem-solve and demonstrate flexibility as needed
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity and exhibit accountability for assigned work
Time requirements vary by committee, but in general these positions require smaller time commitments than being a member of the Writing Committee. Consultants assist primarily in the fall, while the scholarship committees have either late winter or late spring deadlines, depending on the scholarship. The DEI and Outreach/ Resource Committees' work is spread out periodically throughout the year.
Thank you for your interest in supporting this effort; we ask that all applicants read over the above requirements and expectations before submitting their application of interest.
Your city and state:
Your current school, college, or university:
Please list all other schools, colleges, or universities where you have taught, if applicable:
What grades and courses do you teach?
How long have you been teaching? (Please count your entire professional teaching experience, not just from your current school.)
< 1 year
Over 25 years
What experiences and strengths do you have to offer the National Latin Exam?
Why are you interested in joining a committee for the National Latin Exam?
What committee(s) would you be interested in joining?
Consultants - Responsible for reviewing and commenting on the exams as they are written and edited
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) - Responsible for assisting the writing committee in ensuring our exams and other materials affirm the worth and dignity of all students and teachers.
Outreach and Resources - Responsible for promoting the exam at professional conferences and on social media, creating promotional materials, and / or resources for teachers.
Scholarships - Responsible for reading applications and selecting recipients for various scholarships and awards.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself?
How can we best contact you?
Check here to affirm that you have reviewed the committee expectations listed above and are able to commit to your time and energies.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Salem Academy and College.