Online Presence Survey
I am Shatha Hadad, a graduate student in the Educational and Instructional Technology program at Western Michigan University. I am conducting a study to identify the most influential strategies that online instructors can use to establish their presence online. The IRB is through Western Michigan University. Results from this case study will be used to help instructors with less experience in online teaching, adjuncts, and limited term lecturers, who teach the course designed by others, achieve positive effective high levels of instructor presence in their online teaching.
Online faculty and online instructional designers are invited to participate. Participation in this case study is entirely voluntary, anonymous, and the interview questions have been reviewed by WMU.
The Survey consists of 8 demographic questions, and 7 in depth interview questions. By responding to the questions in this survey you give your consent to participation in the study.
Please reply to Shatha Hadad (
), Western Michigan University researcher on this project, with any questions.
Prefer not to disclose
2- Years of experience teaching online:
4. Name of the university that you work with.
5. What courses are you teaching?
6. Do you feel your students sense your presence in your online course? why?
7.What learning platform do you use for your online course.
8. How the platform features help you connect with your students?
1. What are the effective social techniques or strategies that you use to promote your presence in online course?
2. Which social techniques or strategies influence your students’ satisfaction the most in online experience?
3. How does your action or immediacy behavior influence your presences in online course?
4. Which actions or immediacy behaviors create more involvement in the online learning environment?
5. What effective technology tools can facilitate establishing your presence in online course?
6. How do you use the technology tools to enhance your presence?
7. What are the most effective behaviors or strategies that create a sense of instructor presence in your online course?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service