2. Who Can Apply to be a JC?Any student in grades 7 through 11 can apply for the Junior Counselor program. While Junior Counselors typically are 13-17 years old, we prefer that any potential counselor of the future - especially those still gathering work experience -to begin as a J.C. before moving into the more demanding role of Counselor.
3. Why Should I apply?The J.C. program is fun and rewarding! Not only will you be involved in camp activities, you’ll serve as a role model for young campers. If chosen to be a J.C., you will build relationships that last a lifetime; while also strengthening your leadership abilities and developing valuable job skills. (And did we mention how much fun it is?)
4. How Does the Application Process Work?Everyone interested in becoming a J.C. must complete an application. There are a limited number of spaces for Junior Counselors and preference is given to students who are available to work 3+ weeks.
5. All applications for the Counselor and Junior Counselor Programs are accepted on a rolling basis, and preferably due on or before April 1, 2018 for consideration. All applicants will be interviewed by phone. All participants will receive an emailed letter about their acceptance into the J.C. program after the interview process. This letter will include registration information, registration codes and confirmation of what weeks they will be scheduled at CAMP 510.
6. What are the Fees for Becoming a JC?JC Fees are $150 per week. Some Financial Aid may be available if you qualify; please email email@example.com for more information.