Sergeant-at-Arms Captain Application
Please read this part thoroughly prior to starting the application process.
Thank you for your interest in the Sergeant-at-Arms Captains program for the upcoming 74th California-Nevada-Hawai'i District Convention! The SAA Team gladly welcomes returning District Convention attendees to apply for the role of SAA Captain. I will be looking forward to reading and reviewing every application.
SAA Captains will have the unique opportunity to gain experience on what it's like to serve on a district sub-committee through engagement in team teleconference calls, pre-convention prep, and Code of Conduct enforcement at District Convention 2020.
The applicant reviewing committee consists of District SAA Coordinator Andrew Yang, DCON Chair Michelle Le, and SAA Mentor Victor Chan. Please ensure that, if appointed, you are willing to let the majority of your District Convention experience revolve around your enlisted duties as a SAA Captain.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 5th by 6:00PM
Page 1 | Applicant Information
Page 2 | Reminder
Page 3 | Short Response
1. What do you already know about the Sergeant-at-Arms program?
2. Why is it important to enforce the Code of Conduct? Do you think there should be exceptions to the Code of Conduct? Explain.
3. Why do you believe Key Clubbers violate the Code of Conduct? What strategies do you suggest that may result in a decrease in the number of violations? How would you SPECIFICALLY address a DCON attendee that is in violation of Code of Conduct?
4. What qualifications, skills or experiences have you had that will make you an effective Sergeant-at-Arms Captain?
5. Do you have any technical/graphic design/video-making skills, or any other qualities you feel we should know about?
6. Given your experience (if any) at DCON, what can the SAA Team improve on? How will you contribute to making sure these improvements are carried out?
Page 4 | Kiwanis/Faculty Advisor Reference Information
YOU ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO PROVIDE YOUR REFERENCE'S CONTACT INFORMATION (NOT A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION).
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
1. Reference Name
2. Reference Position
3. Reference Phone Number
4. Reference Email Address
Page 4 | Miscellaneous
*FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS*
1. What are Sergeant-at-Arms Captains?
Sergeant-at-Arms (SAA) Captains are selected individuals that play an important role at District Convention. All CNH District Key Clubbers are eligible to be a SAA Captain, however members who have been to one or more District Convention are highly recommended to apply! Applicants MUST be attending District Convention in March.
2. What will SAA Captains do?
Prior to DCON, SAA Captains will participate in team teleconference calls in which they will be assigned tasks and briefed on convention procedure.
During convention, SAA Captains will have a variety of assignments that will revolve around the Code of Conduct, which will include enforcing dress code, leading SAA volunteer shifts, and ensuring safety throughout convention.
3. How long do responses have to be?
There is no recommended maximum or minimum word length for each response.
4. Who can be the person giving a recommendation?
This person must either be either (1) a member of Kiwanis Club or (2) an enlisted faculty advisor from your home club.
*QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS?*
Contact SAA Coordinator Andrew Yang (
) or DCON Chair Michelle Le (
) or your respective division's Lt. Governor for any questions, comments, or concerns.
Ex. Busy Bee
Club Name (Please do not include "Key Club of" or "High School")
Current Key Club Position(s)
Leave blank if not applicable.
(000) 000 - 0000
Does your phone support texting?
Have you ever attended CNH District Convention?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service