● Theme: Redemption
● Deadline: Entry must be received through this submission form by Friday, December 15, 2017.
● Categories for submission include: Drawings, Paintings, Three-Dimensional Art, Digital Art (either digital originals or digital art based on other images or media), and Mixed Media.
● Entry Format: Digital photographs of the entry. One image per 2-D work, two pictures or photographs for each 3-D work. Limit six works per artist. Images may be any standard format.
● Preliminary judging is based on the photo, scan, or digital file send by the artist. Please consider lighting, presentation, and resolution of work, so judges see the best display possible.
● Any works based on third-party source material must include low resolution copies of source images so judges can fairly distinguish student work from source material. Works copied from others, are ineligible to win.
● Prizes - Up to $1,000 in prizes will be awarded based upon judges’ discretion.
● First Prize Winner’s school will receive a $250 matching prize.
● Preliminary selection of entries will be made by the Arisia Student Art Contest committee.
● Finalists artwork will be displayed at the Arisia Convention Art Show. Final judging will be done by a jury committee during the Saturday of the convention. Winners will be announced at the convention and on the web site soon after.
● All finalist entries will be displayed as received, and judges will look at physical copies of the art. Please take utmost care of the work, and consider matting or framing, and careful transportation of the art. The Student Art Contest staff will not matte any work, and will do the minimum necessary to display the work without damaging it.
● If you are notified that you are a finalist, your artwork must be dropped off on-site at the convention in Boston, MA between noon and 6 p.m. Friday, January 12, 2017, or as arranged in advance with the Contest Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork may be picked up on Sunday before 6 p.m. or Monday 10 a.m. to noon, unless other arrangements have been made. Be prepared to provide a shipping box or container and a shipping company account number or adequate postage to ship the art back to you.
● Finalists receive a free weekend membership to the convention, plus free one-day memberships for parents or teachers.
● All entries and copyright remain the property of the artist.
● Arisia retains the right to publish a low-resolution image on its website to announce winners, and as an example for future contest entrants.
● Entries (or print copies) may be put up for sale in the Arisia Art Show at the artist’s discretion. (No commission or fees are charged to students who sell their work.) More information can be found at http://www.arisia.org/ArtShow