• I will remember that my child plays sport for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
• I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to
hostility or violence.
• I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so my child will never
feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
• I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly
and trying hard.
• I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
• I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good players’
performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
• I will not force my child to participate in sports.
• I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public.
• I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s
• I will respect and show appreciation for the trained volunteer coaches who give their time to
provide sport activities for my child, understanding I have the responsibility to be a part of my
Anyone wishing to inform the executive of a contract infraction must do so in writing. Please address the letter to the V&DABA Disciplinary Committee (leave letter with the gym supervisor).
Accident Benefit Insurance: Victoria and District Amateur Basketball Association carries a limited accident benefit policy which provides players some benefits and therapy coverage in the event of an accident. Maintaining appropriate coverage is a parental responsibility.
Harassment Policy: Harassment is conduct by a member of this league that is uncomfortable for the person who is the recipient of the conduct. If you have a problem, see our policy on the web or speak to a gym supervisor.
Assumption of Risk: As a Parent with a child playing basketball you should be aware of certain risks of harm that you or your child may face and that you assume by registering your child in our association. See the signs in the gym or go to www.vicbball.com for more information.
For Rules of Play, Schedules, Harassment Policy, Assumption of Risk, and your responsibilities visit: www.vicbball.com
Please complete all questions below for insurance purposes: