Pupils Y4-Y6, parents who wish for their son/daughter to have use of a mobile phone whilst traveling to and from school will be allowed to bring a mobile into school as long as the following points are agreed and adhered to:
1. Only pupils whose parents have completed the permission slip will be allowed to bring a mobile into school. This way we know that you are happy for your child to have their mobile with them.
2. Any mobiles brought to school without a permission slip will be kept safe in the office until we have made contact with a parent/carer.
3. Pupils must not use mobiles on school premises or in the yard before and after school to ensure the e-safety of all children.
4. All mobiles must be easily identified by either a name/label or individual personalised ‘charm’.
5. All mobiles must be handed into the class teacher immediately upon arrival to the classroom. These will be stored in a box in the classroom which will be sent to the office for safe keeping during the school day.
6. Mobiles will be returned at the end of the school day, this may be after other pupils have been dismissed if the teacher feels this may be easier to manage at the busy end of day.
7. If at any point you wish to cancel permission for your child to bring their mobile, please contact school to let us know. This may be on a temporary basis if you need support to implement a consequence.
PLEASE NOTE all mobiles brought into school are entirely at pupils own risk. School cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage.
We hope you understand why we reached this decision. We are not trying to encourage children to have mobiles. However we acknowledge that for some families it is a way to ensure pupil safety on the way to and from school.
Please can you complete this new online mobile permission form even if you have completed a previous form, this will ensure we have up to date information.