Rules of Entry
1. The Quilt Show Coordinator and the Board of Directors will determine eligibility of quilts entered into this show.
2. Persons who are members in good standing of the Lions Gate Quilters Guild (LGQG) as of the close of the AGM February 27, 2018 AND have renewed their membership by March 31, 2018, are eligible to enter up to four (4) quilts in the Show. Your 1st choice quilt will be included in the show. Your 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice quilts will be included as space permits and in sequence of quilts registered. Only one (1) quilt with dimensions exceeding 94” x 94” may be entered by each member.
3. Quilts exhibited in any previous LGQG Quilt Show are NOT eligible for entry to the 2018 show.
4. Quilts previously on display in the province of British Columbia in the 12 months prior to 2018 are not eligible for entry in the Lions Gate Guild 2018 Quilt Show.
5. All entries must be clean, in excellent condition and finished.
6. All quilts must have a HANGING SLEEVE securely sewn onto the top edge of the BACK of the quilt. a. If your quilt is 48 inches wide or smaller, please follow the instructions for hanging a quilt using 0.5 inch dowel. A dowel with screw eyes in either end must be provided.b. If your quilt is larger than 48 inches wide, please follow the 4-inch hanging sleeve directions used in previous shows. Dowels or hanging rods will be provided.
7. Each quilt must have a label indicating your name and the name of your quilt. Your name and phone number should be added to the sleeve of your quilt.
8. Every effort will be made to take excellent care of the entries. Unfortunately, we are not responsible for loss or damage. Entries can be insured through the owner’s own insurance company. Entries will remain in a secured location 24 hours a day.
Note:Challenge quilts do not count in the four (4) quilts you can register. Challenge quilts will be displayed together and will be eligible for a challenge quilt prize.
How to Register your quilt(s)
1. Complete one registration form for EACH QUILT you are registering for the show.2. You must include a photo of your quilt. Photos must be 4” x 6” on photo paper and must show the full view of each quilt (with the guild member included in the picture if possible). Photos must be as accurate as possible for colour. Please compare your picture with your quilt - retake in different light if the colour does not look accurate. You have 3 options for getting a photo to us. Choose one method:a) If you completed your registration online, forward the confirmation email of the quilt you registered along with the photo as a .jpeg to email@example.com Then bring $1.00 per photo to the next guild meeting. b) Bring a 4 x 6 inch photograph of each quilt to the January 27th, February 27th, or March 27th meeting. Please mark the picture as to which end is the top of the quilt. Also add your name and the name of the quilt to the back of the photo. c) Photos of your quilt are able to be taken at each of the meetings for a cost of $1.00 per photo.In-person registration of quilts will be held at the guild meetings on:January 23, February 27, and March 27, 2018.
NO REGISTRATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MARCH 31ST 2O18.Registration is NOT complete until your photo is received.
Questions or concerns? Contact: Jo Ann Lee at 604-366-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery of Quilts prior to the showWhere: Sportsplex, Capilano University2055 Purcell WayNorth Vancouver, BCWhen: Wednesday, June 6, 20186:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Pick-Up of Quilts after the showWhere: Sportsplex, Capilano University2055 Purcell WayNorth Vancouver, BCWhen: Saturday, June 9, 20186:00 pm – 7:00 pm