2020 SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR APPLICATION FORM
Before completing the Counselor Application Form, please read the information below carefully.
-All staff must be dedicated to making every day a memorable experience for campers. Being able to have fun oneself is greatly encouraged, as it enhances the young campers’ experience.
-show on-going peer collaboration.
-All camp activities are conducted in French and our priority is to find Counselors comfortable with French. Staff must keep the use of English to a minimum.
-Each week is built around a different theme; staff is expected to plan all activities around that theme. Our staff is not employed in the role of babysitter for campers. Staff must actively participate in the planning and performing of all activities. Staff LEADS all campers’ activities (including and not limited to) water games, swimming, arts & crafts, field trips, sports, drama and group games.
-Staff must be creative, dynamic and show strong leadership.
-Manage camper behavior, including discipline and mediating disputes…
-Ensure campers’ safety through visual observation, conducting buddy system checks, etc.
-Communicate and enforce camp rules to campers
1. There are nine 1-week sessions, June 29-August 28. Several weekends in June and July: will be devoted to counselor training and orientation, 1st Aid/CPR certification, and lifeguard certifications if necessary. The exact days and times for the lifeguard training are determined with each individual. Bonjour NY will pay for all your certifications. You will receive a daily-based compensation for the staff orientation lasting five days (end of June, beginning of July). The staff orientation is absolutely mandatory and make-up training will not be offered.
2. A typical day goes from 8:00 am to 6:00pm. Counselors should expect to arrive at camp by 7:50am and leave by 6:00pm. Be sure to take this into consideration if you have a second job or are commuting from great distance.
3. Bonjour NY offers a daily Bus service for campers. Some counselors will be assigned bus duty and start/finish work from one of the bus stops locations (7:50 am to 6:00pm). The camp director will assign bus duties weekly.
4. Every staff member is expected to attend 3 weekly meetings (20 mins to an hour/each). Camp director will try to fit meetings within working hours, if it is not possible, I understand that I might be asked to come to camp as early as 7:30 am and that I might be released from duty as late as 6:30pm.
5. All selected counselors will be required to fill out several employment documents and provide working documents before June 1st 2020. Passed this date, any application with missing employment documents will not be considered and counselor will not be hired.
6. Before being permitted to work with children, the Health Department requires that all counselors provide a medical statement from their doctor certifying that counselor is in good health and able to work with children.
Answer all the questions in the application carefully and thoughtfully; attention to detail and following directions are important characteristics of a good camp counselor and will be taken into consideration when reviewing applications.
How did you hear about this position?
Are you fluent in French?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Page 1 of 10
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bonjour New York.