ICS Board of Directors Description & Application
Our mission is to alleviate the effects of poverty, hunger, homelessness and addiction by providing community-based social services to those in need.
Immanuel Community Services (ICS) provides assistance to individuals in the Cascade Neighborhood and greater Seattle area through our four programs: a Food Bank, a Community Lunch, a Hygiene Center and a residential Recovery Program Shelter. Through all our programs, we strive to build relationships and be a place where people can become connected and involved. We work together, side-by-side, to maintain dignity, rekindle hope and create a community of belonging.
Purpose of Position
Members of the Immanuel Community Services (ICS) Board of Directors are charged with general oversight of the organization’s operational effectiveness in fulfilling its mission. The Board is responsible for planning, goal-setting, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the organization and its programs in fulfilling the ICS mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Share skills, knowledge and experience to ICS’ benefit.
• Communicate ICS’ mission, purpose and programs to the community, serving as an ambassador.
• Maintain knowledge of current programs and staff of the organization.
• Hire, support and evaluate the Executive Director in the exercise of their duties.
• Assist in recruiting and supporting volunteers, committee members and board members.
• Participate in fundraising events.
• Support, cultivate and thank existing donors.
• Procure donations of time, money and goods.
• Make financial gifts to ICS that are significant to you.
• Monitor, review and approve policies, program goals and annual budget.
• Attend, prepare for and participate in monthly 2-hour Board meetings.
• Attend annual Board planning retreats.
• Serve on Board committees, as needed.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors for Immanuel Community Services (ICS). Doing so entails a personal commitment of time, energy, and interest. Timely, responsible, responsive, and creative direction and support by the Board of the organization’s operations and staff are essential to ICS fulfilling its mission. Please answer the questions below, and if you have further comments or questions about ICS or its work, contact Board President, Curt Archambault at
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
First and last name
Why are you interested in serving on the ICS Board of Directors?
What personal skills or strengths of yours do you think would benefit our organization?
Please share the work you have done to benefit other organizations in areas relevant to ICS Board tasks, such as: volunteerism, board services, advocacy work, fundraising, event planning, human resources, legal, social media, public relations, etc.
What personal growth opportunities are you hoping to develop through your participation on the Board?
Please share an example within a Board, workplace or other environment that demonstrates your respect for different perspectives and creating inclusive spaces.
If applicable, please share a link to your online resume or LinkedIn profile.
The members of The Board of Directors commit to a three-year term, attend regular monthly meetings, stay informed and participate in the oversight of ICS. Board Members also make gifts (financial or in-kind) that are significant to them. By agreeing to these statements, you understand the expectation of serving on the ICS Board of Directors.
I do not agree
I would like more information
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Immanuel Community Services.