To help you with this application, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Review the Application FAQs and watch the video on the application page (amalacademy.org/apply) before starting the application. It may also help to browse through the Amal Academy Facebook page and website to better acquaint yourself with the Amal Career Prep Fellowship before applying.
2. This is an entirely individual application: please respond carefully, truthfully and using your own words only.
3. Please double-check the email address you enter in the application. We will be communicating next steps via email.
4. We will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis, so to maximize your chances of success it is best to apply as soon as possible. Applications are open until midnight on October 8, 2017.
5. The application must be completed in one sitting and requires about 45 minutes; there is no option to save your progress once you begin. We advise writing your response to the essay question in advance and copy-pasting it into the application as it will require time to think.
The essay question is: "Why did you decide to choose your field of study. What gaps do you feel there are in your skill-set. What is the next step for you, and how do you think Amal can help you along your path?" (200 word minimum). 6. If you are planning to apply for financial aid, you will also need the following information handy before beginning the application(a) Your total household/family income(b) Details on assets are owned by your family/household including value of any property owned(c) Details on your own income and expenses, especially information on scholarships and university fee amounts(d) A response to the following essay question: "Why do you want to apply for Financial Assistance? Please write a detailed essay to help us understand your circumstances, including your personal story and background." (200 word minimum)
Good Luck! Please start by entering your email address below.