2020-2021 Nominee - Statement of Interest
On behalf of the Michigan Intellectual Property American Inn of Court (the “Inn”), congratulations on your nomination for membership to the Inn. The Inn typically receives more nominations than slots for membership. As such, the Inn would like to confirm each nominee’s level of interest in membership before making membership determinations. As background, the Inn was established with the following objectives:
1. To establish a society of judges, lawyers, legal educators, law students, and others, to promote excellence in legal advocacy in accordance with the Professional Creed of the American Inns of Court.
2. To foster greater understanding of and appreciation for the adversary system of dispute resolution in American law, with particular emphasis on ethics, civility, professionalism, and legal skills;
3. To provide significant educational experience that will improve and enhance the abilities of lawyers as counselors and advocates and of judges as adjudicators and judicial administrators;
4. To promote interaction and collegiality among all legal professionals in order to minimize misapprehensions, misconceptions and failures of communication that obstruct the effective practice of law;
5. To facilitate the development of law students, recent law school graduates, and less experienced lawyers as skilled participants in the American court system.
6. To preserve and transmit ethical values from one generation of legal professionals to the next, and
7. To build upon the genius and strengths of the common law and English Inns of Court and to renew and inspire joy and zest in legal advocacy as a service worthy of constant effort and learning.
Membership requires an annual dues payment which currently ranges from $25 (student members) to $425 (Masters). The Inn hosts 6 meetings a year, two of which are primarily social and the other 4 of which include substantive presentations by Inn members. Attendance and participation are key to remaining a member of the Inn. If you are interested in accepting your nomination and being considered for Inn membership, please fill out the following (DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN NOTIFIED OF YOUR NOMINATION):
Number of years of practice in IP field:
Short description of why you should be considered for Inn Membership and/or why you are interested in joining:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Michigan Intellectual Property Inns of Court.