Waiver for in-person classes for Fall Session- Winter Session 2021
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER, AND RELEASE OF LIABILLITY FOR ATTENDING IN-PERSON CLASSES AT ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE DE PASADENA FOR FALL SESSION - Winter session2021
I plan to attend in-person classes during the FALL SESSION-Winter session 2021 at Alliance Française de Pasadena (“AFdeP”), 232 N. Lake Avenue, Suite 105, Pasadena, CA 91101. In consideration of the permission granted to me by AFdeP to attend classes in-person rather than online, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge that attending classes in-person involves risk and is potentially unsafe due to the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/Covid-19/Covid-19 Variants (“Covid-19”), even though (a) I have provided AFdeP with a proof of vaccination, (b) I will wear a face covering/mask at all times while at AFdeP, and (c) I acknowledge that AFdeP has put in place cleaning measures in the offices and classrooms, including placement of air filters in each room and making hand sanitizer available. I further acknowledge that AFdeP cannot and does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that I will not become infected with Covid-19 as a result of attending in-person classes at AFdeP, and I understand and acknowledge that the risk of becoming infected with Covid-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others including, but not limited to, other students; teachers; staff; AFdeP clients, vendors, and visitors; the public at-large; and the families and associates of each of the foregoing.
2. I acknowledge that by attending in-person classes at AFdeP, I am voluntarily seeking the services of AFdeP, and that in doing so I am voluntarily increasing my risk to exposure to Covid-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all the procedures mandated by AFdeP to reduce the spread of Covid-19 while attending in-person classes in order to reduce the risk to myself and others from attending in-person classes.
3. I attest that all of the following is true as of the date of signing below, and further that should any of the following become untrue during the Fall Session 2021, I will promptly notify AFdeP by email or telephone: (a) I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell; and (b) If I have been previously diagnosed with Covid-19, I have been cleared as non-contagious in accordance with the rules, regulations, orders, or guidelines of the State of California or County of Los Angeles or City of Pasadena.
4. I agree that health insurance coverage is my sole responsibility and I hereby release and hold harmless AFdeP and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, and the successors and assigs of each of the foregoing (collectively the “Releasees”), from any and all obligation to provide insurance coverage for me in connection with my attendance at in-person classes. I hereby authorize and consent to emergency medical care and transportation in case of illness or injury, including but not limited to a Covid-19-related emergency, and I expressly agree to be financially responsible for such care and transportation, and further hold harmless and release the Releasees from any liability arising out of any failure to provide such care or transportation.
5. Notwithstanding the risks associated with attending in-person classes at AFdeP, I voluntarily choose to attend in-person classes at AFdeP and voluntarily assume all risks in connection with my attending in-person classes at AFdeP. I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time and I assume these unknown and unforeseen risks as well, hereby waiving any and all rights and benefits conferred by any statute, regulation, or principle of common law or civil law, including Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides as follows: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.
6. I, on behalf of myself and my successors, assigns, and heirs, hereby release, discharge, hold harmless, indemnify, defend, and covenant to not sue or make any claim against, the Releasees, and hereby waive any and all claims against the Releasees for any actions, demands, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including but not limited to expert witness fees and attorney fees, in connection with, arising out of, or related to, my attending in-person classes at AFdeP, including, without limitation, the negligence of any of the Releasees as it relates to my attending in-person classes.
7. This document shall be governed by and construed under California law without reference to its choice of law rules. If any portion or provision of this document is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall continue in full force and effect, and any invalid or unenforceable portion or provision shall be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purposes hereof.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT AND AGREE TO ITS PROVISIONS. NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS, OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS TO SIGN THIS DOCUMENT HAVE BEEN MADE APART FROM WHAT IS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT AFFECTS MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Inserting your name and date below shall constitute your signature on this document.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
First name / Last name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service