V&S Galvanizing Customer Survey
Complete the survey to be entered into a drawing for some fabulous Thank You prizes!
1) Which V&S Galvanizing plant are you evaluating today?
V&S Amboy Galvanizing - Perth Amboy, New Jersey
V&S Columbus Galvanizing - Columbus, Ohio
V&S Delaware Galvanizing - New Castle, Delaware
V&S Detroit Galvanizing - Redford, Michigan
V&S Lebanon Galvanizing - Jonestown, Pennsylvania
V&S Memphis Galvanizing - Millington, Tennessee
V&S Taunton Galvanizing - Taunton, Massachusetts
2) How would you compare V&S Galvanizing's “turn-around times”?
Much better than the other guy (the competitor)
Comparable to the other guy; wish it could be better
I have no choice; wish scheduling could be more consistent for my needs
3) At some V&S locations, we offer our COLORZINQ® of paint over HDG (hot dip galvanizing) on some limited projects. Would it be of interest or advantage for you if we offered this at your local V&S plant as a full-time service added to our steel protection coatings abilities?
Yes, most definitely
No, it never comes up
I did not realize you could potentially offer this; would like more information
4) All V&S locations offer trucking (pick-up and delivery) for our In-State and local customers. There has always been an extra (but reasonable) charge for this service. Pick the best reason that suits your company, as it applies to our trucking services:
Never knew you offered this; would like more information
Use your trucking all of time
Would not come to you if you did not offer trucking
I have used your truck service, but I need it to better regulated and more reliable
Have no need; it would not be feasible for my Company to use a V&S truck
5) Pricing and cost of doing business is always a hot topic when selecting a vendor. Sometimes within pennies we either secure or lose a project. For this reason one of the things we have never looked into is accepting Major Credit Cards. The associated cost and accounting has kept us from considering this. Some of our locations report they have customers who would rather V&S do this. The fees associated with accepting credit cards would cause us to quote higher prices. Taking all of that into consideration, how do you feel about your V&S location(s) accepting Major Credit Cards?
I would gladly accept the higher price for the convenience, if you had this available
It does not make any difference to my company, but I might use it to take advantage of the points that come with some Major Credit Cards
It would only help on a COD situation where a check cannot be generated fast enough for a quick turn
NO! We would not use a Credit Card to pay for our HDG
6) When pricing a job, sometimes we get asked to project a price that could be anywhere from 6 to 18 months into the future. Our pricing strategy has always been to project a Quoted Price that would be “more than enough” to protect us in this volatile zinc market we have experienced. Our competition in some cases does this differently. Would you, our customer, rather us:
Continue and give me a quote where your price represents a “not to exceed” price, with the only possibility of the price going down if the zinc market follows suit.
Give me your best possible price today with a “zinc and materials escalator” that will change monthly as the market changes, up to the time the project starts.
7) Another pricing practice that is commonplace in the industry is “surcharges.” Some call it a Zinc surcharge. Some use an Environmental surcharge, a Fuel surcharges, etc. V&S and all Galvanizers have the basic same costs of doing business. At V&S we have always quoted a price that is all-inclusive (no add-ons). We have found there are areas of the Country where this has caused our quoted price to be higher than “the other guy”, in some cases causing us to lose work. Once the project is completed, if compared to the V&S original price, customers have reported our supposed higher number would have actually saved money on the project because of our competitor's “add-on” practices. For the sake of comparison shopping please select one:
I would rather V&S also give a lower galvanizing number then add these unknown surcharges on our invoice
Stay as you presently do, making sure on the quote and subsequent purchase agreement there will not be any such surcharges added
8) If you had to pick one, what is the single most important reason you use V&S? Please select one:
9) Do you receive our monthly Account/Receivable statements?
Yes, every month
No, not every month
Yes, but it can be confusing
Not timely enough
10) All material V&S will galvanize is inspected by our in-house QA/QC to meet specifications prior to shipping the job. On occasion after the material has been galvanized we are asked to generate a Certificate of Compliance for this material. This results in additional labor, research, and documentation. Would you feel it would be fair to charge for this service?
Yes, my customers do this to us frequently and your time should be compensated
No, if everything that leaves your facility meets the applicable specification that is what the steel was quoted to anyway, so providing the documentation should not have an added cost
11) Space and storage of projects that have been delayed or put on hold is starting to be more of an occurrence. We pride ourselves in offering as much “value-added” services as possible. However, space can be limited and working around projects can be challenging. What time frame would you consider reasonable to hold material at our location before a charge would need to be added for the secure storage, and care of your steel?
12) V&S pride ourselves on having the best quality and the best service in the business.Tell us, are we:
Right on the mark there is none better in our area
Close but could use some improvement
Wrong! We come because you are either cheaper or closer
13) Are you familiar with your Sales Representative? What is their name?
14) Are you familiar with your Operations Managers? Do you know the name?
15) When you receive an invoice for V&S services, are they?
Very descriptive and easy to understand
Late, we need to receive much sooner
Fine, but our name/address needs edited
Optional to Register for the Thank You Gift Drawing from V&S:
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service