Cycling Safety Skills Clinic - Saturday, June 27, 7:00-9:30am @ Big Island Honda (north side street)
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNITY, AND PARENTAL CONSENT AGREEMENT ("Agreement") FOR LEAGUE OF AMERICAN WHEELMAN DBA LEAGUE OF AMERICAN BICYCLISTS (LAB)
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in PEOPLE'S ADVOCACY FOR TRAILS HAWAII (PATH) ("Club") sponsored Bicycling Activities ("Activity"), I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of Bicycling Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Activity and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that (a) BICYCLING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH ("Risks"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW: (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time, and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Club, the LAB, its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEE" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS. And, I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim.
If 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER: I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, HAVE SIGNED IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. I AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
IF A MINOR: I, THE MINOR'S PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF BICYCLING ACTIVITIES AND THE MINOR'S EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES AND BELIEVE THE MINOR TO BE QUALIFIED, IN GOOD HEALTH, AND IN PROPER PHYSICAL CONDITION TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCH ACTIVITY. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON THE MINOR'S ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND FURTHER AGREE THAT IF, DESPITE THIS RELEASE, I, THE MINOR, OR ANYONE ON THE MINOR'S BEHALF MAKES A CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASEES NAMED ABOVE, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST ANY MAY INCUR AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM.
Participants First and Last Name
Participant's Electronic Signature
If a Minor, First and Last Name of Parent/Guardian
If a Minor, Electronic Signature of Parent/Guardian
Recommended minimum age to attend this class is 14.
Mailing Address of Participant 18 or over, or Parent/Guardian if a Minor
What level cyclist do you consider yourself to be?
We customize classes according to students' abilities and desires.
Beginner (ride very infrequently or haven't ridden in a long time)
Intermediate (ride occasionally; comfortable riding a bike but not so much in traffic)
Advanced (ride regularly on roads)
This is to get an idea of cyclists' knowledge prior to taking the clinic. If you do not know the answer, just guess.
1. Why should a cyclist perform an ABC Quick Check before each ride?
a. To eliminate the need for a complete overhaul
b. To catch small problems before they become serious and possibly cause a crash
c. To deter thieves
d. To eliminate the need to carry a tire pump
2. Slow moving traffic stays to the right while faster vehicles pass on the left. Cyclists must obey this principle because:
a. Cyclists have the same responsibilities as other vehicle operators
b. Cyclists are safest when their behavior is predictable so that other drivers know what to expect from them
c. Disruption of traffic flow is minimized
d. All of the above
3. To make a safe lane change you should:
a. Make a hand signal before scanning for traffic
b. Act carefully, smoothly and deliberately – scanning, communicating and negotiating with other drivers as necessary
c. Not be moving more than 15miles per hour slower than other traffic
d. Not expect anyone to yield to you
4. The general principle for selecting a lane is:
a. The lane which carries the least traffic
b. The right hand lane
c. The lane which carries the slowest traffic
d. The rightmost lane that serves your destination
5. Cyclists who ride too close to the right-hand side of the road:
a. Are susceptible to a motorist turning right, cutting them off at an intersection
b. Are susceptible to car doors being opened into their path of travel
c. Are often not visible to cars pulling out of side streets or driveways
d. All of the above
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service