Thank you for your interest in joining MSO. Please review the following responsibilities and complete the following application to be considered for a position as an MSO Copy Editor.
- Understanding and knowing how to apply structure, organization, style, grammar, and content to articles
- Editing articles for style, grammar, organization, content, and formatting before assigned bi-weekly deadlines
- Working closely with assigned writers, section editor, and editor-in-chief staff via Facebook to prepare high quality articles for publication
- Finding issues with plagiarism and copyrighting
- Responding quickly to Facebook and e-mail messages to facilitate publication (you don't have to be online all the time but we expect you to check it on a regular basis)
- Communicating with assigned team to address any administrative or editing issues
- Enforcing and informing writers about MSO article style and formatting guidelines
- Being familiar with editing tools on WordPress, which will be taught during training
- Possessing key qualities including an attention to detail, a desire to learn, being receptive to constructive criticism, as well as being friendly, approachable, and having a team-player attitude
- Time requirement: approximately 3-4 hrs/week
As a copy editor, you will be able to show your leadership, organizational skills, adaptability, interpersonal, and communication skills. You will have a significant role in editing the articles of your group of writers, will be responsible for ensuring all articles are up to MSO standards in terms of grammar and content, and will be responsible for coordinating with all of your group’s writers and section editor.