Choose the right variant
1. More than 60 per cent of our school teachers ___ in their forties.
2. Three thousand dollars ___ spent on his daughter's wedding.
3. Neither the principal nor his assistants ___ in favour of the proposal.
4. We are living on the ___ of town now.
5. He's been trying all the different ___ grown in this part of the world.
6. ___ of the money ___ spent on office equipment.
7. Have you noticed that the trees surrounding ___ have grown conciderably bigger?
John and Mary's
John's and Mary's
John and Mary
8. The Personnel Manager is to check each ___ qualifications and references before the job interview.
9. The safari park was a bit of a disappointment as there were ___ animals than we had expected.
much more fewer
10. He's just sold that suit to a ___ woman.
slim beautiful tall young French
French beautiful slim tall young
beautiful tall slim young French
11. She works somewhere in ___ Southen Africa.
12. ___ people who live in ___ Netherlands are called ___ Dutch.
-; -; the
The; -; the
The; the; the
13. Not all people know how to use a mobile phone ___ proper respect to the people around, so trying to sleep ___ a bus these days has become practically impossible.
14. People are so amazed ___ the weather that I've seen some of them just standing there staring as if they were ___ a trance.
15. Antonio and his friend Pietro ___ on the beach when they ___ somebody shouting.
were laying; heard
laid; had heard
were lying; heard
16. Ian Wright, who ___ around the world many times, is one of he presenters of Globo Trekker - a popular TV series which ___ the sights and sounds of different countries.
is travelling; is being explored
was travelling; was exploring
has travelled; explores
17. There was nothing to do but ___ .
18. She felt tired because she wasn't used ___ so hard.
19. A great number of plants and animals are edible, but not all f them! Every year, thousands of unlucky people ___ ill as result of ___ eating something poisonous.
20.Tim lied about his age. ___ he could join the army.
in order to
Listen to the story and choose the right variant.
21. According to the story___
Andy brought the bear from the USA.
the Robins bought the bear from a wild park.
the Robins got the bear as a present from a wild park.
22.Andy used to be ___
a professional sportsman
a keen horse rider
23. Four years ago Hercules was the main news because he ___
got a role in a film.
24. According to the bear's owners, Hercules ___
is especially good in the roles of bad bears.
can't act in films.
is to friendly to play bad bears.
25.This is Hercules's house as much as the Robins' so he ___
switches on the TV set whenever he likes.
goes where he likes.
sleeps in the Robins' room.
26. The house is build of metal and stone.
27. When you enter the house you notice a little wooden cabin in the hall.
28. The sign outside the house says, "Warning: Hercules the bear walks freely behind this gate."
29. In the USA Andy met an Indian who kept a bear.
30. Hercules was born in the USA.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service