2020 LLNCCC Madrina Award Nomination Form
The Latina Leadership Network Madrina Award was developed to honor those Latinas who have given their time, energy, expertise, and leadership to the LLNCCC and to other Latinas within the California Community Colleges (CCC) system and/or Latinx community. Madrinas are individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and provide guidance and mentorship toward all Latinas. Their commitment to the goals of the LLNCCC organizations is evident by their actions.
They are involved in professional organizations, support curriculum development, foster leadership training, build bridges with the community; and mentor and empower Latinas.
The selection committee will use the following criteria for the 2020 Madrina Award recipients.
• Participation and membership in the LLNCCC organization.
• Efforts to increase discourse around current issues impacting students and professionals regarding Student Equity,
Diversity and Social Justice for Latinas in CCCs.
• Demonstration of outstanding leadership skills and training.
• Involvement in professional organizations.
• Involvement in curriculum development and/or mentoring and empowering Latinas.
• Demonstration of Latina support beyond the community college.
Madrina Award Application Guidelines:
1. Applicant must be a Latina who is a current member of the Latina Leadership Network, but may not be a current Executive Board member.
2. Nominations are open to students, classified staff, faculty, administrators, and trustees of the CCC.
3. Submit a completed nomination form that contains the following:
• Describe how nominee's work and/or scholarship relates to the advancement of Latinas.
• Describe the nominee's leadership qualities.
• Other applicable reasons, if any, why you are recommending or nominating this colleague. (Self nominations will not be accepted)
Presentation of Awards
Award will be presented to the recipient(s) at the 33rd Annual LLNCCC Conference on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at SF Airport Marriott Waterfront Hotel
MADRINA AWARD - NOMIMATION FORM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2020
Nominators & Award Recipients will be notified by February 20, 2020
First and last name
Nominee’s Home/Work Address
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges.