Apply today for the Smithsonian’s Teacher Creativity Studio at the Asian American Resource Center, a free, all-day workshop where you’ll learn how to integrate Asian Pacific American stories and experiences into curricula.
Wednesday, February 219:00am–4:00pm
- Open to Central Texas history teachers, librarians, teachers-in-training, and other education staff.
- AISD Instructors may register through your AISD Human Capital Platform, Section 86681
- Lunch will be provided.
Participants will receive• Digital resources and tools for teachers from the Smithsonian Learning Lab (learninglab.si.edu)
• Classroom-ready models for integrating Asian Pacific American stories and experiences into curricula
• Exclusive museum educator-led tour of the Smithsonian Institution’s “Beyond Bollywood: Indian Americans Shape the Nation” and a companion facilitated dialogue toolkit
• Teaching poster of the artwork, “Shimomura Crossing the Delaware” by Roger Shimomura, known for his ironic mixtures of Japanese imagery and American pop culture, from the National Portrait Gallery
• Classroom copies of the text, Asian Texans: Our Histories and Our Lives by Irwin A. Tang and The Making of Asian America: A History by Erika Lee
Questions Contact:Hanna Huanghanna.email@example.com
The City of Austin is proud to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.If you require assistance for participation in our programs or use of our facilities, please call (512) 974-3914.