The Life & Death Quiz #3
The History of Brisbane Prisons
Test your knowledge of the historical prison system in Brisbane.
1. Female convicts in the Moreton Bay Penal Settlement of the 1820s-30s were confined in which Brisbane building?
2. Female convicts also worked at an agricultural station in which place?
3. Which Moreton Bay island was once home to a prison?
St Helena Island
4. Which of these streets was NOT home to a 19th-century prison?
5. The site of the 1850s prison on Queen Street was later used for:
General Post Office
Bank of New South Wales
Post Office Square
6. What did one reporter compare the crumbling walls of the Queen Street prison to in 1853?
7. Where was the 19th-century Brisbane police gaol that was used for holding short-term female prisoners?
8. In 1870 the female prisoners held at the Petrie Terrace prison were transferred to an all-female facility in which town?
9. The first prison at Boggo Road opened in which year?
10. A prison opened at Wacol in 1957. When did the person in charge of Queensland prisons first propose locating a new prison there?
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service