The nominee should be an advocate of the trades from a trade’s background, and have contributedefforts above and beyond the norm to help move the trades’ community forward. The nominee shouldbe a person who has helped raise the bar and challenged others to try harder. The Askins AchievementAward represents more than just quality work and good ethics it also means challenging others to workfor the betterment of the community around them.
2. Nominators for the Askins Achievement Award do not have to be members of the PreservationTrades Network and they do not have to be Award Recipients.
3. Recipients of the Askins Achievement Award are the group that administers the award, and selectsfuture recipients.
4. The award was established to be distinct from and separate from the Preservation Trades NetworkBoard of Directors.
5. The permanent award plaque listing previous winners is owned by the National Park Service HistoricPreservation Training Center and shall be displayed and kept up-to-date by the HPTC at the HPTCHeadquarters at Gambrill House, Frederick, MD. The Logo is loaned to PTN for use on the individualAward Plaque given to each year’s winner.
6. A recipient selected by the others shall take on the administration of the award on behalf of theAskins Achievement Award group.
7. The new recipient shall be contacted to ensure that the plaque is created in the manner desired bythe recipient.
8. The criteria for the Askins Achievement Award are stated in the nomination form.
9. The Askins Achievement Award group shall solicit nominations from the Preservation TradesCommunity at large.
10. The Askins Achievement Award group shall have the right by majority vote to approve ordisapprove use of the Award for marketing or promotion by the Preservation Trades Network Boardof Directors.
11. The Askins Award Recipient shall have a nominator who has provided a written nomination formand is willing to introduce the recipient.
12. Announcement of the Askins Award Recipient shall be published in the PTNews or other mediaafter the International Preservation Trades Workshop.
13. Announcement of the Askins Award Recipient before the International Preservation TradesWorkshop is subject to a majority vote of the recipients.
14. The business of the Askins Achievement Award group may be conducted by conference call, directmeeting, or email. A quorum to conduct the business of the group shall be a majority of therecipients.
15. Nominations stand for one year. The nomination may re-submitted.