The Programme Terms and Conditions
1. You must be aged 16 or over and resident in the UK or Ireland to send us your “comment”. If you are under 16 you must provide parental consent to these terms.
2. You must send us your “comment” by the time and date stated in accordance with the instructions set out in the “How to apply to take part” section above and these Programme Terms and Conditions otherwise it will not be considered.
3. Only a selection of comments will be featured in each episode of the Programme. Selection will be at our sole discretion and our decision is final and no conversations will be entered into.
4. By sending us your “comment” you acknowledge and agree that: a. Your video may be broadcast on television as part of the Programme and that you may find that personal and subjective comments in relation to you and/or your comment are made (the “Statements”). You understand that the Statements may or may not depict you positively. You agree that the inclusion of the Statements is fundamental to the Programme and therefore you agree to the inclusion of such Statements within the Programme. You acknowledge that we and/or you may and/or the Statements may reveal, disclose or relate, during the filming of the Programme, information about you which you might deem personal, intimate, surprising, disparaging, embarrassing or of an otherwise unfavourable nature and you agree that we shall not be liable to you in any way in respect thereof; b. members of the public may comment about you on social media and this may be hurtful and offensive (We have any control over comments made by third parties); So, please make sure you are happy to do this before you send us your comment. 5. While ownership of your video, audio and/or other content you send us as part of your comment will remain yours and you are free to continue to use these as you like, you irrevocably allow us (and our third party partners) to use any videos and/or any other content included in your Comment in any media (including on television and online) throughout the world at any time in connection with the Programme or otherwise without further liability or acknowledgement to you. Where we do use your videos and/or other content that you submit as part of your Comment we shall also have the right to change or edit these. You also agree that we can show your name with your Comment videos and/or other content and that we can use your videos, other content and/or your name in publicity relating to the Programme. 6. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that we have no obligation whatsoever to return any materials you submit as part of your comment.
7. You irrevocably waive the benefits of and agree not to assert any provision of law known as "moral rights" or any similar laws of any jurisdiction in respect of any materials you submit as part of your comment. 8. You agree that we can use your personal information that you provide as part of your Talks comment for the purposes of considering your comment and to contact you about your comment. You agree that if we use your comment on the Programme you agree that we can also show your name, your videos and/or other content you submit as part of your comment together with your identity. You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right at any time to carry out checks to verify your details (being your name, age and residency status) and you hereby authorise us and agree to assist us in carrying out such checks.
9. By sending us your comment you confirm to us that: a. Any information you provide to us is true and correct; b. You are aged 16 or over, and are resident in the UK or Ireland; c. Your comment relates to you and the videos you send us are of yourself and not of somebody else. d. Your comment complies with the following: i. Your videos and/or other content must only feature you (and others who have agreed to take part); ii. You must be the copyright owner of your videos and/or other content or have obtained the express permission of the copyright owner to send us the photos and for us to use the photos in accordance with these terms; iii. Your videos and/or other content provided as part of your comment must not feature any commercial or other third party content or in any way infringe any applicable laws or infringe the rights of a third party (such as any comment which contains third party content such as music, third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculpture); iv. Your videos and/or other content must not include anything that is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability; v. Your videos and/or other content must not reveal any private information about yourself or anyone else, such as contact details; and 10. You acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by you in connection with your submission of your comment to us or inclusion of your comment in the Programme other than death or personal injury caused by our negligence or other liability that is prohibited from being limited or excluded by law. 11. We do not guarantee, represent, undertake or warrant that we will broadcast on-air or in any other media your comment in the Programme or that your comment will be considered or will otherwise be used in whole or in part despite being received by us. 12. You agree to indemnify us together with our respective assigns and licensees against any and all claims, losses and/or damages suffered directly or indirectly by us as a result of the breach, non-performance or non-observance by you of any of your obligations and representations under these Programme Terms and Conditions. 13. There is no charge to submit your comment to us, however, any costs that you incur in doing so will be your responsibility.
15. Our rights under these Programme Terms and Conditions may be freely assigned or licensed by us.
16. The Programme and comment application process is produced and run by The Box Plus Network Ltd of Francis House, 11 Francis Street, London SW1P 1DE.
17. These Programme Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual matters arising in connection with the subject matter of these terms and conditions) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.