First Night Winchester, PO Box 1392, Winchester, VA 22604
(1) A completed First Night Winchester application.(2) Insurance certificate for December 31, 2018.(3) A photo of your stand.(4) A $200 check made out to First Night Winchester or online payment.
1. Vendors are responsible to fill-out and return the Health Department permit application (completing both sides of the form). Application and check made payable to the Lord Fairfax Health District, should be received before December 1st to VA Health Department, 107 North Kent Street, Suite 201, Winchester, VA 22601 or FAX to 540.722.3479.
2. Contact Health Department (540.722.3480) to verify permit fee.
3. Vendors are responsible to fill-out and return the First Night Winchester application with a $200 check per unit made payable to First Night Winchester. Applications, along with check, insurance certificate, and a photograph of your stand, should be received by December 1st to First Night Winchester, Inc., P.O. Box 1392, Winchester, VA 22604. Once approved, NO REFUNDS will be given.
The City of Winchester has a mandatory requirement for weighting tents.• Each tent leg must be weighted down with a minimum of 40lbs. NO exceptions.• Staking into the pavement, tying tents to trees, or anchoring to buildings is NOT permitted. It is recommended you utilize 5 gallon buckets filled with water or sand.
4. All vendors, regardless of material being sold or stand type, must have within their assigned areas a fully charged 10 lb. ABC type fire extinguisher with a current annual inspection tag. Fire extinguishers must be inspected before vendors can sell products. Class K fire extinguishers are required if producing grease vapors. Vendors with on-board UL300 extinguishing systems must display a current inspection tag on the system. All gas cylinders must be secured.
5. There are no hose connections for water. You must supply your own reservoir of potable water and water leakage must be kept to a minimum. All units selling food must have a hand-washing station with a spigot and bucket for water drainage.
6. Vendors should plan to arrive no earlier than 2PM and be completely set-up and ready for official inspection at 4PM on New Year’s Eve. Vendors will be inspected by the Health Department, the Fire Marshall, and First Night Winchester. When approved, you will be a given a certificate of compliance. Please keep the permit in a place of public view for the duration of the event.
7. Each stand must furnish a minimum of two trash containers. Cooking oil disposal must be done off site. Set-up and break down times are strictly enforced. If the vendor fails to be present and ready at the time of inspection, it will be considered a “NO SHOW” and their space will be eliminated. No late set-up will be allowed. Breakdown is not to begin until 11PM.
8. Loose lines that present a trip hazard must be secured with duct tape before inspection.
9. First Night Winchester fully expects you to pay all applicable taxes to the City of Winchester and the State of Virginia. However, First Night Winchester will not collect sales tax from you, and a city business license is not required. 10. All vendors must carry General Public Liability Insurance with a minimum limit of $1,000,000. Vendor must include “First Night Winchester” on the policy as “Additionally Insured". Liability Insurance Policy must include Products Liability Insurance.
11. Vendors are responsible for clean-up and for any and all damage caused by their stands, employees or vehicles. Vendors not adhering to this clean up rule will not be allowed back. First Night Winchester is not responsible for anything lost or stolen, the loss of power or acts of God.
12. Alcohol and drugs are not permitted and are cause for immediate dismissal and arrest.
13. Novelty vendors may not sell fireworks, toy guns, “snap pops", weapons, “silly string", confetti, or air horns. Failure to follow the rules will be grounds for immediate removal by police.
14. Vendors are expected to maintain a high standard of cleanliness among their employees at all times. Further, the general appearance of the stand, equipment, and employees will be a factor in the Committee’s decision to accept a vendor for future events.