Want to meet the international Android community, listen to expert speakers and other developers, find out about all the latest Android advances and see fantastic new technologies? Then join us at droidcon London, the largest Android developer conference in Europe!
The ninth droidcon London returns with more in store for you to learn and discover! Join leading experts in the Android realm who will share their ideas and thought processes on all things Mobile. Follow us at #droidconUK for all the latest updates on the conference!
Would you like to speak at droidcon London? We want to hear your talk proposals!
Talks will be selected by Skills Matter and the Programme Committee on the basis of making the conference a varied, diverse and valuable event. Submission is open to anyone, and we encourage first-time speakers to submit a proposal. Members of the Programme Committee are happy to offer coaching and assistance on talk proposals.
The programme committee is composed by members of engineering teams from a variety of fields and backgrounds (50-50 male-female ratio from consultancy, retail, tech companies, start-ups, and multinational companies), and it is a reflection of the conference we aim to create: great, engaging and interesting talks from a diverse and varied set of speakers and experts.
We strongly encourage first-time speakers to be part of our programmes, and it is our target to feature as many first-time speakers as we can at this year's droidcon London. If your talk will be selected, you will have the opportunity to attend Jenny Martin's course "Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups".
Following the suggestions we've received through the Call for Thoughts and your feedback, we would like to actively encourage submissions on the following topics:
- AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning
- Alternatives to Java (e.g. Kotlin, React, Redux, Swift, j2objc, Flutter)
- Analytics (e.g. Data Science, Customers Behaviour)
- Animations and Transitions
- Architecture (e.g. Mobile APIs, MBaaS, storage)
- Automated Testing (e.g. Junit, Espresso)
- Case studies
- Company culture (e.g. Working with others)
- Continuous integration and Delivery
- Design, UX, UI (e.g. Material design in practice, Accessibility)
- Home Automation / Domotics (e.g. Alexa, Google Home, Samsung SmartThings)
- IoT, Machines, Not Phones, Cars
- Performance and Monitoring
- Security (e.g. Smart locking, Fingerprint sensors)
- Tools, Libraries and Frameworks (e.g. Fabric, Firebase, RxJava, Andromeda)
- VR, Games
- Wearables (e.g. Android Wear 2)
- What's new in Android? (e.g. Instant apps, App shortcuts, Deep Linking)
* General lessons and real-life experiences learned that are useful regardless of framework used
Submissions should be for one of the following session types (time for Q&A is *included* in the session lengths):
- 45 minutes talk
- 15 minutes lightning talk
- 1 hour keynote
Chosen speakers will receive a free ticket to the conference. Another ticket for a speaker's guest, or to be raffled or offered to a member of the community, will be available upon request.
Please find our code of conduct here: https://skillsmatter.com/go/code-of-conduct
Deadline for submission - Sunday, May 14th 2017