Hello friends and neighbors,
It is with a heaviness in our hearts that we are making the decision to pivot away from connecting folks through Fox Cities Community Care. As the situation with COVID19 worses, risk to not only vulnerable populations, but to all of us, increases. We are encouraging people to follow the shelter in place order from Governor Evers and all CDC guidelines to stop the spread of the virus. We will be encouraging people who have offered to help and still want to volunteer to consider contacting one of the following non profits listed at the link below to find out what is needed and to discuss safety protocols in place for volunteers. Non profits providing resources, food, and supplies are operating essential functions and are exempt from the shelter in place order. If you have money to share, please give generously to organizations and businesses that are providing food and supplies to people in need; St. Joe's Food Program, Harmony Pizza, and Basil Cafe are providing food to those in need. If you need assistance, our group will do our best to assist in directing you to the appropriate organization.
For those of you seeking an opportunity to help, the following link has many non profits that are currently in need. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1avqQdIj-m4NVlZ8IBFSRv7HVSSfzI1aaf_fKPva-AOA/htmlview#gid=0
Please see the following guidelines for volunteering at sites:
• Please check with the nonprofit to see what their procedures are for volunteering.
• Volunteers who arrive at a site should wear face masks to avoid possibly exposing the community members at the site as well as from possibly exposing themselves while volunteering at the site.
• Those volunteers who are showing signs of physical illness should not volunteer.
• Those who were recently in contact with people showing signs of illness should not volunteer.
• Volunteers should know the exact roles and responsibilities expected by the site and the health and safety policies of the site. Read the volunteer need description clearly to understand your specific tasks.
If you need assistance, our group will do our best to assist in directing you to the appropriate organization. If you need help, please email email@example.com
or text 920-931-2752 (we are able to translate Spanish and French, podemos traducir español, nous pouvons traduire le français).
*For those seeking a rent suspension, the following document is available for you to copy, edit and send to landlords.https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1ip9k9beoxihqogMGmPiR-kMTkgarxtDtm7I3ZZ_QbAo/mobilebasic
* For those in need of food, please contact St. Joe's Food Program at 920-734-9461 x 309https://www.stjoesfoodprogram.org/
*For those in Appleton in need of a prepared meal, please contact Basil Cafe at 920-830-6741or Harmony Pizza at 920-364-0111https://www.harmonypizza.com/
This decision has been made to focus our efforts on keeping the highest number of people safe and slowing the spread of the virus. Please do your best to stay safe and keep our community safe as well.
Fox Cities Community Care and Mutual Aid