Fall '19 Assistant Application
hello wonderful people, welcome to the FALL 2019 AMLIT ASSISTANT APPLICATIONS !!!! We are so happy that you're here and ready to be absorbed into the cult that is the amfam
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL GENRE ASSISTANT POSITIONS:
- write at least ONE blog post for the website (bloggers will be required to write more)
- attend staff meetings and review sessions (it is MANDATORY that you are present for your genre's review session), as well as any other AmLit hosted events
- support your editors, helping out whenever possible, and completing your assigned tasks
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL DESIGN/COPY ASSISTANT POSITIONS:
-attend weekly design meetings and the weekend design retreat on Sept 14th/15th as well as complete weekly assignments relating to content creation, placement, typographic and color choices, and copy editing (we will teach you all of these things do not fret if you aren't familiar)
-be psyched about using/learning Creative Cloud software, specifically Illustrator and InDesign
-be prepared to handle and meet deadlines and work collaboratively with the design team <33
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL BLOGGER POSITIONS:
-write one article a week for the AmLit blog
-manage website and software used for blog posting
-advertise blog posts on social media and beyond
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS?
- we are giving your genre ca$h money to host cool events and you get to help plan them
- you get to lead cool discussions on creative work made by your peers !!
- being an Assistant Editor of a high quality magazine is a huge boost on your resume! Writing that blog post means you have a work sample from your time as Assistant Editor
- you will know what Editors do and be them in the future if u still like us :)
- the pure joy of looking at that mag when it comes out and knowing that you helped birth it
HOW TO APPLY:
- fill out and submit this application
- send your resume to
- DEADLINE: SUNDAY, SEPT. 8TH
!!!!DESIGN/COPY AND BLOGGER APPLICANTS ONLY!!!! PLEASE ALSO SEND A PORTFOLIO/SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK (for design, this can be anything from art to photos to graphics, however you want to showcase your skills)
You don’t have to have previously been on the AmLit staff to apply for any positions. Thank you!!!!!
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service