FOLLOW THESE 2 MAIN STEPS TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK TO THE JSL:
STEP 1: Complete the form below. Be sure to click the "Submit" button when you are finished.
STEP 2: Email your essay in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) to JOSL@uvu.edu. (do not include your name on your actual essay attachment or in the properties of the document itself because we will be sharing it for blind review). Note: You will need to follow email submission guidelines outlined below.
Submission Guidelines for Authors:
- Your submission should be original work that has not been published previously. We invite you to submit relevant papers from your coursework, personal or academic study, or research. We do not accept material that is currently being considered by another journal.
- Manuscripts may be 1200-3000 words (about 5 to 12 pages in length or longer if approved by the editor). Articles should be written in 12-point type font with one-inch margins and double-spaced, and include at least 5 academic, scholarly, or reputable 5 sources.
- Include an abstract of 100-200 words.
- Your submission should be in MS Word format (.doc,.docx) and submitted to the following email: JOSL@uvu.edu. Questions about submissions? JSL website: www.uvu.edu/slss/jsl or email the editors at JOSL@uvu.edu.
- Do not include any personally identifying information on your Word document version of your submission document (e.g. first and last names, course names, professor names) that you send to us by email (JOSL@uvu.edu). Check your document properties to be sure that all identifying information is removed.
- We favor cogent papers that tend to have shorter, simpler sentences.
- It is recommended that submissions follow either APA or the Chicago Manual of Style.
***Papers that are accepted for publication undergo a detailed revision process, and authors are expected to work closely with editorial staff to address reviewer and/or staff recommendations.