If, after carefully considering these notes, you would like to formally apply to train to be a facilitator, please fill out the application form in its entirety. Application is only one step. The Support Services Committee will review all applications carefully and, once confirming a good fit, provide a training on facilitation best practices. Trainings are held twice a year (in spring and fall) and will be scheduled based on the availability of all involved to make sure everyone can attend.
Facilitator Commitment Involves:
• Facilitate or co-‐facilitate at least one support group each month, requiring approximately 3 hours each on Wednesday evenings (the support group is from 7-9pm plus about a half an hour of set up and break down before and after the support group). Facilitators open the meeting, ensure flow of conversation.
• Attending one facilitator meeting each month to discuss goings on in the group, changes, adjustments, further trainings, and so on.
• Represent the Ingersoll with professionalism and pride.
• Understand that Ingersoll expects you to view service to Ingersoll as a serious volunteer responsibility. Check carefully to be sure Ingersoll groups will not conflict with other things you are doing or other volunteer service.
• Communicate clearly and quickly via email with the Scheduler surrounding facilitation scheduling. Expect to schedule at least one month in advance.
• Follow the facilitation standards and policies of the center, and uphold the mission and values of Ingersoll Gender Center in good faith.