1. Please write notes of encouragement that foster a spirit of hope, faith and unity, including sharing scripture verses.
2. Please let them know that you are praying for them. You may want to ask if there are specific ways that you can be praying for them and their family. Prayer is the most effective way that you can help your student/family.
3. Please remember to ask about their family, and to share something about yours! Please avoid mention of expensive vacations/cruises/purchases that you have made.
4. If you are writing to a college student, please let them know that you are praying for their safety, and encourage them to pursue their hopes and dreams for the future.
6. Encourage students to write back to you by giving their letters to the administrators of their respective schools. o TAV: Xiomarao Rey Salomon I: Leylao Rey Salomon II (La Concha): Franklin o Jehovah Jireh (Los Brasiles): Dina or Manuel.
7. • Please refrain from any comment that might be construed as political, or that references the government of Nicaragua in a negative way.
8. If you would rather send a hand-written letter, card or gift to your student, you may send that directly to NRN at 16162 Carey Road, Westfield, IN 46074. You may include up to $20 in your letter or card, if you decide to send it in this way. Keep in mind that letters sent by students from Nicaragua will take longer to reach you, since it depends upon NRN volunteers who are traveling back and forth to Nicaragua to carry those letters.
Please keep in mind that letters sent by students to you from Nicaragua will take longer to reach you, since it depends upon NRN volunteers who are traveling back and forth to Nicaragua to carry those letters.Your letter submitted electronically will be translated, printed and delivered to your student at the school that he/she attends.